Wade Miley pitches no hitter

52 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Watching him in the ninth, I realized just how much he reminds me of Tom Browning. Obviously left-handed, but pitches to contact and works quickly.

Spot on.

That game shows that pitch location is truly more important than power in pitching. 

Watching the post game you see how much his teammates like and respect him, and how happy they are for him getting the no no.

• Like 1

I just watched the highlights on YouTube - not just a great performance by Miley but a great game all around as his Cleveland counterpart pitched well for eight innings. Felt like there was even more drama than normal for a no hitter. 

3 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

I just watched the highlights on YouTube - not just a great performance by Miley but a great game all around as his Cleveland counterpart pitched well for eight innings. Felt like there was even more drama than normal for a no hitter. 

Very true. Plesac was fantastic for Cleveland. Then Cleveland brings in their stud closer who has been almost unhittable for the 9th and you are thinking no way this no hitter happens. But the Reds hitters plate 3 in some unconventional ways and Miley, running on fumes, gets it done in the bottom of the 9th. One of the more fun Reds games I have seen in a long time.

One other cool thing on this I forgot to mention the first time around... Bronson Arroyo was in the booth with Tommy Thrall for this game. His insight on what Miley might be experiencing throughout the game was interesting. Overall, he wasn't a great commentator but definitely serviceable and you could tell he was making an attempt to do a good job. I wouldn't be surprised to see/hear him in the booth again.