Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wade Miley pitches no hitter

Featured Replies

  • Author

Watching him in the ninth, I realized just how much he reminds me of Tom Browning. Obviously left-handed, but pitches to contact and works quickly.

3 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Miley gives up just one walk, and 2 errors behind him.

114 pitches

 

Efficient night for Wade and a big win for the Reds.  Well done, sir.

That's awesome!  Great to watch the last 3 innings.

52 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Watching him in the ninth, I realized just how much he reminds me of Tom Browning. Obviously left-handed, but pitches to contact and works quickly.

Spot on.

That game shows that pitch location is truly more important than power in pitching. 

Watching the post game you see how much his teammates like and respect him, and how happy they are for him getting the no no.

I was watching the end of the game with a group of Reds fans and they went absolutely nuts!

Congrats Wade Miley!

I listened to the first 8.5 innings on WLW, and was afraid to get out of my car and go watch the bottom of the 9th on tv. I’m glad I did. First no-hitter I’ve felt a part of. Really cool stuff. 

I just watched the highlights on YouTube - not just a great performance by Miley but a great game all around as his Cleveland counterpart pitched well for eight innings. Felt like there was even more drama than normal for a no hitter. 

3 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

I just watched the highlights on YouTube - not just a great performance by Miley but a great game all around as his Cleveland counterpart pitched well for eight innings. Felt like there was even more drama than normal for a no hitter. 

Very true. Plesac was fantastic for Cleveland. Then Cleveland brings in their stud closer who has been almost unhittable for the 9th and you are thinking no way this no hitter happens. But the Reds hitters plate 3 in some unconventional ways and Miley, running on fumes, gets it done in the bottom of the 9th. One of the more fun Reds games I have seen in a long time.

Just a totally dominant performance by Miley, could have easily been a perfect game, he has pitched really well for us this year!!

One other cool thing on this I forgot to mention the first time around... Bronson Arroyo was in the booth with Tommy Thrall for this game. His insight on what Miley might be experiencing throughout the game was interesting. Overall, he wasn't a great commentator but definitely serviceable and you could tell he was making an attempt to do a good job. I wouldn't be surprised to see/hear him in the booth again. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.