Kiyaunta Goodwin commits to Kentucky

Goodwin is from Louisville and previously attended Holy Cross and Ballard before moving to Hoosier country, where he currently attends Charlestown High School. He chose UK over the likes of Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State. He and Grant Bingham give Stoops a stellar pair of bookend tackles in this class. 

EzNiXFpUYAE_yc6.thumb.jpeg.10f53d9afa0d73cadd947e145cfc0f3c.jpeg

32 minutes ago, jvdfc said:

He's the highest rated recruit since Stoops arrival.  6 ft 8 in and 300+ with great feet.  If he stays in shape look out.  

I would be more concerned with him staying committed to UK, than I would with him staying in shape.

• Like 1

I've heard that UofL didn't even recruit him, which is concerning to say the least. On multiple occasions he (allegedly) said that he'd like to go to Louisville, but they weren't really recruiting him. 

The reason I bring that up is that maybe this kid just wanted to stay home, and that's why he chose UK over the other big name schools? That does happen occasionally, where a high profile athlete prefers to stay closer to home. Kudos to UK, they went after him and got the job done. 

Maybe he doesn't ever play for UK, but I'd say that's most likely at this point. I wouldn't assume UK would lose him to one of the other schools. 

• Like 1

Any player is capable of being flipped but to Stoops credit he hasn’t had a lot of flips in his tenure. And I would rather have him and try to keep him rather then someone else have him and have to try to flip him.

• Like 1