Kellan Grady of Davidson transfers to Kentucky

GOREDDEVILS

12 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Kid is 23 will be 24 by start of next season. If Mintz is back he is 23 and 1/2. KY would have one of the oldest back courts in recent history for them and probably anyone.

Sounds positively Brigham Young-ish. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Flea Market said:

We need a big man now, got plenty of guards!

I think they need another guard more than they need another big man. Don’t forget they already have the transfer big man from West Virginia that came mid season. They also have a McDonald’s All American coming in with Collins. Then still have Brooks, Toppin, and Ware. Not to mention a very small chance Jackson returns if he is not a lottery pick. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I think they need another guard more than they need another big man. Don’t forget they already have the transfer big man from West Virginia that came mid season. They also have a McDonald’s All American coming in with Collins. Then still have Brooks, Toppin, and Ware. Not to mention a very small chance Jackson returns if he is not a lottery pick. 

Always go with the guard, but specifically in UK's case the need for more or less players is predicated on the PG development of Askew.

• Like 1

This transfer portal is about a 1,000 now, right? As I've said, I have no idea what recruiting rankings mean anymore. Unless you land one of the top handful of players, I would much rather take my chances with the two transfers UK has coming in. Especially when you consider more of the top shelf players are heading to play pro ball.

11 minutes ago, bugatti said:

This transfer portal is about a 1,000 now, right? As I've said, I have no idea what recruiting rankings mean anymore. Unless you land one of the top handful of players, I would much rather take my chances with the two transfers UK has coming in. Especially when you consider more of the top shelf players are heading to play pro ball.

I wonder if Cal jumped on this guy in the hopes that he would replace Mintz.  Or in the hopes that he could move Mintz to the point next year and have Askew back him up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

I wonder if Cal jumped on this guy in the hopes that he would replace Mintz.  Or in the hopes that he could move Mintz to the point next year and have Askew back him up.

A lot of rumors floating around that KY will add a couple more players one supposedly being the kid from Creighton. Waiting on Powell decision but KY waiting on  SEC to change the rule regarding sitting out a year to transfer with in conference. 

62B9CB1D-F5A2-4AC3-A6FD-AA34CA385395.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I think this is the brilliance of Cal, reinventing himself again.  He knows gone are the days of recruiting 3 top 10 picks. He’s gonna piece together a transfer roster and try develop a guy like Askew/Brooks to make a run.  This can work, if he gets the transfers right.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I think this is the brilliance of Cal, reinventing himself again.  He knows gone are the days of recruiting 3 top 10 picks. He’s gonna piece together a transfer roster and try develop a guy like Askew/Brooks to make a run.  This can work, if he gets the transfers right.

You got to adapt because the "three top 10 picks" are becoming less available. The pool is dwindling each year. And again, with the transfer portal and kids reclassifying, I am not sure what recruiting rankings mean any more.

8 minutes ago, bugatti said:

You got to adapt because the "three top 10 picks" are becoming less available. The pool is dwindling each year. And again, with the transfer portal and kids reclassifying, I am not sure what recruiting rankings mean any more.

I really think he can do it I’m not joking.  I think he realizes he got the pieces wrong in 2021.  It’s no different than pro sports using free agency to become competitive like Tampa Bay did.