Kellan Grady of Davidson transfers to Kentucky

GOREDDEVILS

19 hours ago, John Anthony said:

@futurecoach we can be TransferU if we get #9 right!?  I don’t have a problem with it but he clearly didn’t execute the plan well in 2021.  I hope he grabs 2-3 more guys and finds his lineup.

He is usually a year ahead of the curve at being the first to adapt to changes. Which I do think he recognized the transfer portal may be the new way to go, and we saw him utilize it the last few years. However, he was behind at realizing how the game has changed in regards to shooting. So as much as this year sucked, I do think it has helped get him to be willing to make that adjustment. I do think we will see him continue to value shooting more via recruiting and transfers. 

Which honestly all teams now will be having to get use to putting a brand new team together every year, due to all the transfers that will happen. So that should give Cal a leg up on everyone, because he is use to having to start over every year already. So give him a normal type off season to mold the team together like he does, and we can see him take off again with the constant roster changes everyone will be dealing with now. 

• Like 2

On 3/30/2021 at 10:38 AM, Tomcats1990 said:

Kid is 23 will be 24 by start of next season. If Mintz is back he is 23 and 1/2. KY would have one of the oldest back courts in recent history for them and probably anyone.

Is Red Klotts still alive?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Justin Powell picked Tennessee, what am I missing here?  I’ve been out of the loop, I thought he was a sure thing?

Heard this last night on Rafters. They are saying Kentucky (CAL) cooled on him and are looking elsewhere. If he comes back to torch KY the next couple of years it’s going to be another black eye for CAL not getting him. Their is also speculation CAL doesn’t want more KY kids on the team after arguing with the fan base and media all season over Allen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Heard this last night on Rafters. They are saying Kentucky (CAL) cooled on him and are looking elsewhere. If he comes back to torch KY the next couple of years it’s going to be another black eye for CAL not getting him. Their is also speculation CAL doesn’t want more KY kids on the team after arguing with the fan base and media all season over Allen.

He is probably not wrong on that.  With Mitz possibly coming back, Allen already here, the grad transfer they just got. Not to mention the pg Hickman they have coming in. While Powell would have still played, UK fans would still be screaming it is not enough. Which honestly isn’t good for anyone, the program, or for the player. 

With that said I would personally love to see Powell here. However, with how things are if he wasn’t playing 30 minute or more a game people would freak out.