John Brannen - Cincinnati Issues

Walter

15 minutes ago, theguru said:

UC and Brannen need to settle and move on.

14 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Let the settlement negotiations begin.

I'd say that's the direction things are probably trending.

Tried telling @TheDeuce there was smoke to rumors of Brannen to Louisville as an assistant.

I'm hoping there's a resolution either way by next weekend so we can move on.

2 hours ago, Walter said:

I'd say that's the direction things are probably trending.

Tried telling @TheDeuce there was smoke to rumors of Brannen to Louisville as an assistant.

I'm hoping there's a resolution either way by next weekend so we can move on.

If things are this bad in Cincy, I would be extremely surprised if Brannen lands in Louisville. It's already been discussed around here a bit, and it's not something that is wanted, from my perspective. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

If things are this bad in Cincy, I would be extremely surprised if Brannen lands in Louisville. It's already been discussed around here a bit, and it's not something that is wanted, from my perspective. 

A lot of former players with knowledge of what went down have talked about the situation and it doesn't sound like things were as bad as the departing players made it out to be. 

And you have to think about the fact that Brannen and Mack are extremely close. They vacation together every year. If he's out at UC, I think he ends up at UL as an assistant. 

From Justin Williams article about an hour ago, it's sounding like Brannen has coached his last game at UC.

There's a few minor compliance accusations that have to do with team related activities that could be enough to let him go with cause. 

4 hours ago, Walter said:

A lot of former players with knowledge of what went down have talked about the situation and it doesn't sound like things were as bad as the departing players made it out to be. 

And you have to think about the fact that Brannen and Mack are extremely close. They vacation together every year. If he's out at UC, I think he ends up at UL as an assistant. 

I don’t think he ends up at Louisville. It’s a risky hire for Mack, one that I’m not sure Tyra would sign off on. 

9 hours ago, The Raven said:

I.m sure the NCAA is still breathing down Louisville's neck over the Pitino/Adidas thing.  I can't see them hiring anyone with the words compliance issue or allegation attached to them.

The Pitino issue and this aren't even in the same ballpark. 

My understanding is Brannen basically practiced longer than what is allowed. Minor considering probably 70% of other coaches are doing the same.

Still a compliance issue that is just enough for Cunningham to use for cause to get rid of the coach but don't think it is something that would prevent him from getting an assistant job at UL.

40 minutes ago, theguru said:

Maybe there is cause but this smells a lot like UC not wanting to pay Brannen what they owe him to leave early. 

That's the way it's looking.

The AD needs to do something ASAP... The longer this drags out, the worse shape UC's program is going to be in. 

• Like 1