John Brannen - Cincinnati Issues

Walter

55 minutes ago, Walter said:

From what I've seen and heard elsewhere without going in to exact details... Poor leadership, lack of communication, lack of compassion, and bashing current players to recruits is what led to the loss of trust with this staff and where we are today. 

Also rumors that Brannen tried to cover up a player quitting mid game as an injury that he wasn't allowed to discuss when asked about the situation post game. No sign of an injury the next day when the player was in the starting lineup or in post game locker celebration videos minutes after the interview and response Brannen gave... Not too sure on this one but something being discussed.

So this is why Keith Williams sat the bench in second half of Wichita State game.

1 minute ago, theguru said:

Another year could do a ton of damage to the program if what we are hearing is true.  I think he has to go, again if what we are hearing is true.

Agreed. It would take a massive turnaround this off season as far as roster construction and winning early next season to bring the fan base back. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

So this is why Keith Williams sat the bench in second half of Wichita State game.

Nothing to confirm the rumors but it's not hard to connect the dots and see there may be some validity to the accusations.

Brannen seemed really uncomfortable answering post game questions about the "injury" and stated the medical staff didn't allow him to discuss it. 

Keith is seen in several videos after the game celebrating and dancing with teammates like nothing happened. Apparently he kept asking to be subbed out and JB wouldn't send anyone in. Media timeout came and he walked off the floor. Didn't return until several minutes in to the second half.

34 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

That’s the only way he’s out.  He can still ride the “he has to get his guys in the system” for a few years.

I completely agree with you. They aren’t paying that buyout. His entire 2020 class leaving definitely doesn’t help with the optics though.. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 11:51 AM, TheDeuce said:

Great example of kids being soft. 😂

Agreed with that. They aren’t staying in a Days Inn. They’re staying at JW Marriott, The Omni, and other really nice hotels in Indy. The kids are perfectly fine. Eat, sleep, play basketball, and play video games. I don’t feel bad for them haha.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

While I don’t think Indiana will hire Pitino, Cincy would be crazy not to go after him. He could literally turn them around next season. 

Imagine Pitino winning a title at all 3 points in the golden triangle. It would honestly be incredible and really fun to watch. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, HoopJunkie said:

There is allegedly some cause that’s about to be exposed. 

Keith Jenkins has a story from a parent. We will see what happens and when it is actually released.

I'm expecting Brannen to be the coach in 21-22 but another result like we saw this year and he will be out.

As far as recruiting goes, sounding like UC has their first commit coming today. Only 6-8 spots to fill after that.....

21 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

While I don’t think Indiana will hire Pitino, Cincy would be crazy not to go after him. He could literally turn them around next season. 

I'd love to see Pitino at UC too, but it will never happen... Current UC President was apart of the interim Admin staff that took over after Louisville got rid of Pitino and others on the administration staff. 

• Like 1