John Brannen - Cincinnati Issues

Walter

From what I've seen and heard elsewhere without going in to exact details... Poor leadership, lack of communication, lack of compassion, and bashing current players to recruits is what led to the loss of trust with this staff and where we are today. 

Also rumors that Brannen tried to cover up a player quitting mid game as an injury that he wasn't allowed to discuss when asked about the situation post game. No sign of an injury the next day when the player was in the starting lineup or in post game locker celebration videos minutes after the interview and response Brannen gave... Not too sure on this one but something being discussed.

5 hours ago, Walter said:

Mamadou Diarra is the only player leaving that wasn't recruited by Brannen. He entered the portal as a grad transfer.

FR Mike Saunders Jr- Well documented the close relationship he had with the Saunders family that led to him at UC.

FR Tari Eason- Mom dropped hints on Twitter that she had questions about his culture and accountability and how he handled player situations

FR Gabe Madsen- Opted out at the beginning of the season, stating the restrictions and confinement were effecting his mental health and not a way he wanted to live his life

Soph Zach Harvey- Opted out mid season and entered the portal yesterday with the others. Rumors that Brannen trashed him when he opted out and that didn't sit well with the other players.

Rapolas Ivanauskas- Grad transfer from Colgate. Was told during his recruitment he would play the 4 and that's why he chose UC. Game didn't translate to that position at UC's level so he was moved to the 5 to give Eason more mins at the 4. Left the program shortly after that decision. 

David Dejulius- Michigan transfer opted out late in the season and returned for the conference tournament. He is the only one that has praised the coaching staff for helping him... That is what concerns UC fans with the other transfers. 

Rumors that freshman Mason Madsen (twin brother of Gabe) will likely transfer and Jeremiah Davenport (Moeller grad- UC was his dream school) has been talked about as leaving as well. 

All of this on top of losing grad transfer Jay Sorolla last year midseason (similar situation to Ivanauskas and going overseas) as well as Trevor Moore (Cronin recruit).

It's also well known that Jarron Cumberland didn't see eye to eye with JB. He posted on his IG stories several times at the beginning of the season during the losing streak that JB needed to go and he's ruining UC basketball. 

Brannen has 8 scholarships to fill and ZERO commits for 2021 and 2022. 

Wow. Sounds like Cincinnati will be looking for a Coach. 

10 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

No way he can keep his job at this point. 

His buyout is $4.5 mil... I think that probably is the only reason he keeps his job for the '21-'22 season.

I believe it goes down to $1.5 after this year so unless a generous donor is willing to help the AD out, UC fans will suffer through one more season with this staff before a change is made.

4 minutes ago, Walter said:

His buyout is $4.5 mil... I think that probably is the only reason he keeps his job for the '21-'22 season.

I believe it goes down to $1.5 after this year so unless a generous donor is willing to help the AD out, UC fans will suffer through one more season with this staff before a change is made.

Another year could do a ton of damage to the program if what we are hearing is true.  I think he has to go, again if what we are hearing is true.

• Like 2