Kentucky vs. Mississippi State Predictions/Updates (SEC Tournament)

futurecoach

Ok it is win or go home time for the Kentucky Wildcats. They must win the SEC tournament to make the big dance. So I figured now was the time to “tweak” things and go in a new direction for game threads. 

UK will be playing Mississippi State in the 8/9 game on Thursday at noon. It is still not set on which of the two will be the 8 or 9 seed between them. So UK could be wearing blue each game if they are they 9 seed. What is everyone’s thoughts?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, theguru said:

Is there any chance the Cats can win the SEC tourney? 

I personally can't see them putting together four consecutive games (and days) of play to get it done.  Make a run to the semis by getting a win they should and then an upset? Perhaps.  We've seen they can win some games that we thought they wouldn't (Florida and Tennessee on the road).  But they always failed to maintain the momentum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Is there any chance the Cats can win the SEC tourney? 

7 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

I personally can't see them putting together four consecutive games (and days) of play to get it done.  Make a run to the semis by getting a win they should and then an upset? Perhaps.  We've seen they can win some games that we thought they wouldn't (Florida and Tennessee on the road).  But they always failed to maintain the momentum.

I tend to agree with DragonFire. Winning four games in a row is hard to see with this team. There are too many physical and skill shortcomings in this group - primarily just too weak on interior play. 

I will say this right now. If this team wins the SEC tourney, no one should ever question Coach Cal again. The only way they win the tournament will be by virtue of some masterful coaching by Coach Cal.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

The game is now scheduled for 12:00pm on Thursday.

8 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Kentucky according to the standings should be the #8 seed and Miss. State the #9 seed. The Cats finished at 8-9 and State finished 8-10 plus the Cats defeated the Bulldogs in January.

The time of the game was in the initial post for this thread, and had been known as soon as the UK game ended. The time of the game never changed from my initial post. 

You are correct UK will be the 8 seed. It was unknown who would be the 8 and who would be the 9 seed between UK and Mississippi State when I made that post, because Mississippi State was still playing and if they won they would have been the 8 seed. They lost though and that moved UK ahead of them to the 8 seed. 

6 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

Ky is at 15-1 to win the SEC tournament.

That says more about the SEC. I do wish UK could have found themselves in the #7 slot and on the opposite end of the bracket, but whatever. They earned their seed.

• Like 1