McCracken County - 2021 Schedule

Let’s be completely honest, McCracken probably never beats the big 3 from Louisville, especially Trinity. Whether they schedule them in the season or not. That is not a knock against MC at all, it’s just a tough reality for big schools outside of Louisville.

4 hours ago, Bud_Kilmer said:

Let’s be completely honest, McCracken probably never beats the big 3 from Louisville, especially Trinity. Whether they schedule them in the season or not. That is not a knock against MC at all, it’s just a tough reality for big schools outside of Louisville.

I wouldn't say never but year in and out.... not likely.

9 hours ago, Bud_Kilmer said:

I don't think scheduling them in season or not makes a difference either.  Anything can happen, but to consistently beat the Big 3 from Louisville will be a tall task for anyone.  The last time was 2013 and Scott Co only had to get through one of them (Male) in the semis to win their state title thanks to the "District of Death".  When the KHSAA had St. X, Trinity, & Male in the same district, unless you were the sister district paired up with them, then you could get to the semis or even the finals and only have to beat one of them to do so.  Now, with the fact they're all in different districts, any team that wants to win a state title in 6A will have to beat at minimum 2 of those schools and quite possibly all 3.  That MIGHT happen (and that's a low chance) a year here or there, but consistently, that's just not going to happen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

Kind of odd they scheduled both of the Warren Co big boys in the same season. I wonder if that was planned or just needing games and it just worked out that way.

This is interesting!  You know Coach Clark played at BG, and I know McCracken has scheduled BG back to 2015 (before Coach Clark) when they had a really good team with Cash Jones at QB and Zyaire Hughes (the RB/athlete that went on to play at UK).

But I think this is the first game vs South Warren.  Will be interesting to see if they stay on the Spartans schedule after this year.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 12:22 PM, Purple88 said:

This is interesting!  You know Coach Clark played at BG, and I know McCracken has scheduled BG back to 2015 (before Coach Clark) when they had a really good team with Cash Jones at QB and Zyaire Hughes (the RB/athlete that went on to play at UK).

But I think this is the first game vs South Warren.  Will be interesting to see if they stay on the Spartans schedule after this year.

They scrimmaged them before the 2019 season, but have never played SW in a regular reason game.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 11:19 AM, Joe Tracy said:

Usually no one but Henderson or one of the Owensboro schools have won  a game from them but not often.

Henderson County has won 2/3 meetings and may have been 3/4 last year if not for the Covid forfeit in the playoffs. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WKY_Football said:

Henderson County has won 2/3 meetings and may have been 3/4 last year if not for the Covid forfeit in the playoffs. 

Yeah they won at McCracken County for the first time in the history of MC, would’ve been a toss up game but unfortunately we’ll never know.