Kentucky 70 Tennessee 55

16thBBall Fan

39 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I had written off a top-4 league finish but seeing the standings today it isn’t impossible. For a team that has to win the tournament to make the tournament, needing three wins is much better than needing four. 

CAL is hinting at adding more games. He gets some added W’s and gets above 500 they might squeak in without winning the SEC Tourney.

4 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

CAL is hinting at adding more games. He gets some added W’s and gets above 500 they might squeak in without winning the SEC Tourney 

If they win out in the regular season, and add at least one game. Then at least make it to the finals of the SEC tournament. Then yeah they could have a small chance at getting an at large. 

Would be kind of crazy to see UK vs. Duke in the play in round of the NCAA tournament lol. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I was curious about the extra game(s) thing. How did the schedule break like it did with the long layoff before the SEC tournament?

The SEC built that into the schedule in case of makeup games. SEC schedule started I think 10 days to 2 weeks earlier then usual.

No matter if they win every game between now and the SEC Finals (and frankly I doubt they do), I still don’t believe they make it in without winning the SEC tournament. They’ve won a couple of close ones too, but it’s a shame they just couldn’t close the deal on a few of these others. They’ve lost four games by three points or less - 12-9 would feel a whole lot different right now. That’s not even touching on second half collapses against Auburn and Tennessee. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

I was curious about the extra game(s) thing. How did the schedule break like it did with the long layoff before the SEC tournament?

I think it was designed by the SEC anticipating games would have to be made up. I think everyone could do two games during the open dates if necessary. Talk is Kentucky might not play their makeup with South Carolina and play someone else instead. Something to do with playing games that affect the league standings to better help seed the tournament. I’d say it’s all a wait and see situation. 

1 hour ago, Tomcats1990 said:

CAL is hinting at adding more games. He gets some added W’s and gets above 500 they might squeak in without winning the SEC Tourney.

They still have the Detroit game in the makeup list and I’m sure he’d like to play it. North Carolina played Northeastern last week and Marquette this week. I suspect Kentucky might look to do something similar. 

32 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

No matter if they win every game between now and the SEC Finals (and frankly I doubt they do), I still don’t believe they make it in without winning the SEC tournament. They’ve won a couple of close ones too, but it’s a shame they just couldn’t close the deal on a few of these others. They’ve lost four games by three points or less - 12-9 would feel a whole lot different right now. That’s not even touching on second half collapses against Auburn and Tennessee. 

Honestly two games they lost at the very end when they had the lead hurts. The Georgia game they were up one, and allowed that inbounds play to lose. Then Arkansas up one, and the refs called that very questionable foul to give Arkansas two free throws to get the lead with 4 seconds left. 

Just those two games alone make a big difference. They would be 10 and 11 overall and 9 and 5 in conference. Sitting in good position to finish in the top four of the conference. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

Agreed. Georgia and Arkansas should have been wins for sure. Had they beat Notre Dame and/or Kansas its a completely different story. But I guess ifs and buts...

7 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

This was their first Top 25 win. Crazy it’s Feb 20th. Their are rumblings that KY and Texas may try and make up their game. Colgate is 9-1 and ranked 9th in the NET, they are looking for games and KY may try and play them also.

Texas is scheduled to play Kansas on Tuesday and Texas Tech on Saturday. That’s their last scheduled game but they also have four Big 12 games to be made up.

Not sure about your Colgate comment. Other than Army and Navy no one in the Patriot League has played a non conference game.