Jump to content

St. Xavier - 2021 Schedule


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I talked to a DeSales coach and he said total numbers in whole program have dropped to 47. He said couple of years ago had 105. Said not many frosh coming out for football. I'm thinking after not playing a year because of covid some kids have decided to hang it up.

That is my fear. Kids got a real raw deal last year and why voluntarily be a part of any system that does that to you. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

8/13 at Frederick Douglass (Scrimmage) 8/20 at Owensboro 8/27 at Central 9/3 vs. Male 9/10 - OPEN 9/17 vs. Elder (OH) 9/24 vs. Trinity 10/1 at Ryle 10/8 at Manual (District) 10/15 vs

St. X should be strong defensively since return most of defense but graduate the two cornerbacks so that is biggest concern. Offense returns Mekhi Smith and Michael Duddy but all but one starter on Ol

Posted Images

 

8 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I talked to a DeSales coach and he said total numbers in whole program have dropped to 47. He said couple of years ago had 105. Said not many frosh coming out for football. I'm thinking after not playing a year because of covid some kids have decided to hang it up.

Do we know how many Trinity has for freshman? I think last year, they were around 60. I would think JCPS is hurt too, except for Male. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Cats25 said:

 

Do we know how many Trinity has for freshman? I think last year, they were around 60. I would think JCPS is hurt too, except for Male. 

 

I haven't seen numbers out of Trinity yet. Male has 34 freshman on hudl. I just counted 58 on St.X freshman hudl. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tigers' pools for 7 on 7 this Saturday at EKU:

Green team: Corbin, Pikeville, and Madison Southern.

Gold team: South Laurel, Great Crossing, and Holmes.

Tournament after pool play.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Tigers' pools for 7 on 7 this Saturday at EKU:

Green team: Corbin, Pikeville, and Madison Southern.

Gold team: South Laurel, Great Crossing, and Holmes.

Tournament after pool play.

Which team is the first & which is the second?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Unrivaled97 said:

Which team is the first & which is the second?

I think Green team is 1st. Whichever team has Mekhi Smith & Michael Duddy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Tigers' pools for 7 on 7 this Saturday at EKU:

Green team: Corbin, Pikeville, and Madison Southern.

Gold team: South Laurel, Great Crossing, and Holmes.

Tournament after pool play.

I'm glad they were able to bring two teams. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2021 at 11:06 AM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I wouldn't go that far. Selah Brown, Malachi Lawrence, Alton Jefferson, and Phillip Peiffer would definitely have something to say about that. Hell, in NKY alone, I think Eric Jiminez, Rhys Brown, and Ben Dickhaus would all have something to say about that. Pendleton was good, for sure, but "best in the state" is a stretch.

Ryle has to come up with a new quarterback for '21, which sometimes has proven more difficult that fans might hope at Ryle. They also need to come up with a workhorse running back. Last year it was Mathias Cusick, who is graduating. The Raiders were very pass oriented (65% pass/35% run) this past season, and once you look past RB Cusick and QB Lyons, their next highest rusher only had 108 yards for the season. Also after graduation this spring, the Ryle offense will have to replace their top receiver Will Watkins, and then their #3 and #4 receivers Jackson McGinnis & Greyson Barber in addition to top rusher Mathias Cusick...that's 4 of the top 5 offensive yardage producers from this past season, and they accounted for 60% of the total team yards.

I could probably do to follow Ryle a little more closely, but looking at numbers, I'm not entirely confident that they'll be better on offense.

I'm not sure about others in the state,but those mentioned from nky, were definitely not on Pendleton's level. 

16 solo, 53 assisted, 69 total, 12 tfls, 8 sacks, 2 forced fumbles,2 recovered

6a - 25th in tackles

6a - 2nd in sacks

6a- 8th in fumbles

10th in the state for sacks

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SpecDe15 said:

I'm not sure about others in the state,but those mentioned from nky, were definitely not on Pendleton's level. 

16 solo, 53 assisted, 69 total, 12 tfls, 8 sacks, 2 forced fumbles,2 recovered

6a - 25th in tackles

6a - 2nd in sacks

6a- 8th in fumbles

10th in the state for sacks

Cool.

But back to St. X....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2021 at 3:44 PM, Unrivaled97 said:

Which team is the first & which is the second?

I talked to one of players today and he said gold team is the #1 team.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.