9/17 vs. Elder (OH)
9/24 vs. Trinity
10/1 at Ryle
10/8 at Manual (District)
10/15 vs. Butler (District)
10/22 at PRP (District)
10/29 at Bowling Green

• Like 3

Good schedule for the Tigers! Looks like they'll be taking the show on the road...heading to the western, northern, and south central parts of the state. Like they continued the trend with a Cincinnati team. 

• Like 1

I really like this schedule for St X.

I'm interested to see how BG at the end of the season works for both teams.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to the Fredrick Douglass scrimmage. That was a game last season I was excited to get added, but unfortunately not be able to be played. It will be a good discussion topic heading into the season as both teams are supposed to be really good. 

• Like 1

I think most of Elder's skill production is back (Hamilton, Ramsey). Not sure on the offensive lineman (but not usually an issue on the west side of Cincinnati), so the Panther offense should be very good this season.

Will X look to schedule another scrimmage in August? And who do they usually scrimmage?  Didn't they scrimmage Simon Kenton recently?

15 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

Will X look to schedule another scrimmage in August? And who do they usually scrimmage?  Didn't they scrimmage Simon Kenton recently?

They have scrimmaged SK last few years but not sure why change. They have scheduled a scrimmage for Gold squad in past and wouldn’t surprise me if they do that again.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

I think most of Elder's skill production is back (Hamilton, Ramsey). Not sure on the offensive lineman (but not usually an issue on the west side of Cincinnati), so the Panther offense should be very good this season.

St. X defense should be good so should be interesting matchup. I know this year Elder had good offense but defense wasn’t as good. 

• Like 1

Just now, LongTimeReader said:

What is Ryle supposed to be like this year?

I glanced at their roster and I think they will be better than last year.

15 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

They lost a few key seniors on offense from this year but they should be better offensively next season. 

They did lose Pendleton on the D-Line who might have been the best in the state, Cusick at DB and Hungler at LB, all who were important to the defense.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, KY Outsider said:

They lost a few key seniors on offense from this year but they should be better offensively next season. 

They did lose Pendleton on the D-Line who might have been the best in the state, Cusick at DB and Hungler at LB, all who were important to the defense.

I wouldn't go that far. Selah Brown, Malachi Lawrence, Alton Jefferson, and Phillip Peiffer would definitely have something to say about that. Hell, in NKY alone, I think Eric Jiminez, Rhys Brown, and Ben Dickhaus would all have something to say about that. Pendleton was good, for sure, but "best in the state" is a stretch.

Ryle has to come up with a new quarterback for '21, which sometimes has proven more difficult that fans might hope at Ryle. They also need to come up with a workhorse running back. Last year it was Mathias Cusick, who is graduating. The Raiders were very pass oriented (65% pass/35% run) this past season, and once you look past RB Cusick and QB Lyons, their next highest rusher only had 108 yards for the season. Also after graduation this spring, the Ryle offense will have to replace their top receiver Will Watkins, and then their #3 and #4 receivers Jackson McGinnis & Greyson Barber in addition to top rusher Mathias Cusick...that's 4 of the top 5 offensive yardage producers from this past season, and they accounted for 60% of the total team yards.

I could probably do to follow Ryle a little more closely, but looking at numbers, I'm not entirely confident that they'll be better on offense.

16 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Ryle, returns 7 of top 12 tacklers on defense including 1st & 2nd leading tackler. They graduate 3,4,5 top tacklers. I think they could potentially be improved on defense.

• Like 1