St. Xavier - 2021 Schedule

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

8/13 at Frederick Douglass (Scrimmage) 8/20 at Owensboro 8/27 at Central 9/3 vs. Male 9/10 - OPEN 9/17 vs. Elder (OH) 9/24 vs. Trinity 10/1 at Ryle 10/8 at Manual (District) 10/15 vs

St. X should be strong defensively since return most of defense but graduate the two cornerbacks so that is biggest concern. Offense returns Mekhi Smith and Michael Duddy but all but one starter on Ol

Defense stops offense again to end scrimmage. Defense fired up on sideline. Hour and half scrimmage and defense holds offense to 13 pts. Not surprising since defense returns more and strength of team.

Posted Images

The thing I like about Sivori and Boone is they're ability to manipulate the pocket; that was an element they didn't have last year from the QB position. They did some good things on both sides of the ball. St. X's front seven on defense is going to be really tough to deal with, and I don't think Jaxon was out there either. The run game is still a concern for me heading into the summer. Just doesn't feel to be very consistent. Part of that is breaking in new players, the other is some of their angles seem to be very good from an OL perspective. Overall, it seems to be a very productive spring with a lot of players getting reps. Looking forward to the Fall!

• Like 1

Cal preps has form they ask coaches to fill out for info for their starting point of ratings. Some coaches do it and others don’t. Coach Wallace or someone at St.X does it so below is info listed for St.X on Calpreps team preview.

54B1E21D-9360-4223-A408-2F2448E17381.png

2 hours ago, LongTimeReader said:

We’ll see how those numbers shake out. If they go 6-4 in the regular season you can count me as surprised. 

Most coaches haven’t filled out form yet so not accurate. Real game input is what matters anyway.

• Like 1

I do know it’s going to be hard to move the ball on this defense. The front seven will help a new secondary get their footing because those guys up front are pretty good. Sivori will probably more productive with his feet at the beginning of the season, but think he’ll be a productive QB from the pocket as the season progresses.  But his mobility will be very beneficial early in the season, with a young inexperienced OL. There is some talent upfront, they just need game reps. 

• Like 1

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.