St. Xavier - 2021 Schedule

Talking with my nephew briefly, it sounds like there were a lot of reps for a lot of players. Which is good especially for the WR group because there are just so many of them that reps are limited at practice. Week one of practice is either in the books or getting ready to be in the books; hope it was a good week for the Tigers! 

Is next week a helmet week of practice or will they be able to add shoulder pads?

3 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

Talking with my nephew briefly, it sounds like there were a lot of reps for a lot of players. Which is good especially for the WR group because there are just so many of them that reps are limited at practice. Week one of practice is either in the books or getting ready to be in the books; hope it was a good week for the Tigers! 

Is next week a helmet week of practice or will they be able to add shoulder pads?

Shoulder pads through 7/31. Full pads and contact starts 8/1.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Unrivaled97 said:

Light class on numbers.  I only counted around 50 😂

On hudl have 54 so if that is final number, it's very low since usually have around 80. Could be dwindling football numbers that has finally caught up to St.X or maybe an anomaly because of Covid year.

57 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

On hudl have 54 so if that is final number, it's very low since usually have around 80. Could be dwindling football numbers that has finally caught up to St.X or maybe an anomaly because of Covid year.

The wishful thinking part of me hopes that is the reason.  

COVID interrupted all of our lives and anytime you upset the status quo things change.  I do wonder what the numbers are like at T, CCH, LexCath, and the Cincy private schools.  

Anyone?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Heard they have over 70 kids on freshman. Covid definitely had an impact with most Jefferson County middle schools not playing last year.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cats25 said:

Heard they have over 70 kids on freshman. Covid definitely had an impact with most Jefferson County middle schools not playing last year.

Could be that many. Maybe some don't have required paperwork work in yet to be able to practice. Guess will find out for sure over next couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I was being a little facetious.  Fifty is light for a program like St. X, but 95%+ of the programs in the state would love to have that many in a class.  Heck, probably 25% of the teams in the state would like to have that many in their entire program.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Unrivaled97 said:

I was being a little facetious.  Fifty is light for a program like St. X, but 95%+ of the programs in the state would love to have that many in a class.  Heck, probably 25% of the teams in the state would like to have that many in their entire program.

True, see a lot more froshmore teams now days.

3 hours ago, theguru said:

The wishful thinking part of me hopes that is the reason.  

COVID interrupted all of our lives and anytime you upset the status quo things change.  I do wonder what the numbers are like at T, CCH, LexCath, and the Cincy private schools.  

Anyone?

I talked to a DeSales coach and he said total numbers in whole program have dropped to 47. He said couple of years ago had 105. Said not many frosh coming out for football. I'm thinking after not playing a year because of covid some kids have decided to hang it up.

• Thanks 1