School Teacher Staff Vaccinations

Voice of Reason

• 2 weeks later...

In the Covington Diocese, teachers are scheduled to get their second shot on Saturday 2/20.  Many schools anticipate that those teachers may not feel too well on Monday 2/22 so they have already planned for NTI (Non-traditional instruction) that day.  My wife who is a sub for Kenton County will also get her 2nd shot on Saturday 2/20.  I anticipate ordering out dinner for 2-3 days afterwards (I can't cook very well)!  😀

On 2/9/2021 at 5:43 PM, nkypete said:

In the Covington Diocese, teachers are scheduled to get their second shot on Saturday 2/20.  Many schools anticipate that those teachers may not feel too well on Monday 2/22 so they have already planned for NTI (Non-traditional instruction) that day.  My wife who is a sub for Kenton County will also get her 2nd shot on Saturday 2/20.  I anticipate ordering out dinner for 2-3 days afterwards (I can't cook very well)!  😀

It is good that they are planning ahead.  Most people are fine in 24-48 hours thankfully.  I only got several enlarged lymph nodes that were annoying but didn't affect anything thankfully.

I have personally heard from several young females (not teachers) that they were not going to get the vaccine.  According to them, there were too many unknowns and they wanted to get pregnant in the next few years.  They don’t believe enough testing has been done in this particular aspect of the vaccine.

Since education still seems to be a primarily female occupation, I am curious to know what percentage of teachers are refusing the vaccine.  Does anyone know?

On 2/15/2021 at 7:51 AM, Beechwoodfan said:

I have personally heard from several young females (not teachers) that they were not going to get the vaccine.  According to them, there were too many unknowns and they wanted to get pregnant in the next few years.  They don’t believe enough testing has been done in this particular aspect of the vaccine.

Since education still seems to be a primarily female occupation, I am curious to know what percentage of teachers are refusing the vaccine.  Does anyone know?

My daughter (who will be 26) got the vaccine. From what she said almost all the teachers at the elementary school she teaches at got the shot as well. 

On 2/15/2021 at 7:51 AM, Beechwoodfan said:

I only know of one educator who is not taking the vaccine, but she's never taken one in her life. Dozens of others that I've talked to or seen posts from are all taking it. 

51 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I only know of one educator who is not taking the vaccine, but she's never taken one in her life. Dozens of others that I've talked to or seen posts from are all taking it. 

But don't you as a child have to get vaccinated for certain diseases before you can go to school?   Maybe she was home-schooled.

1 hour ago, tcjkbt said:

But don't you as a child have to get vaccinated for certain diseases before you can go to school?   Maybe she was home-schooled.

I think she means any as an adult. She doesn't like taking medicine in general, she is an "all-natural" type.