Alabama 52 Ohio State 24 CFB: National Championship

16thBBall Fan

Justin Fields’ Ohio State career in all likelihood comes to a close.

So, he’ll end it by going 396-for-579 (68.5 percent) for 5,373 yards with 63 touchdowns and nine interceptions, along with 867 rushing yards and 15 touchdowns on the ground. 

∙ 20-2 career record

∙ Two CFP Appearances

∙ 2019 Big Ten Championship MVP

∙ 2019 Heisman Finalist

∙ 2021 Sugar Bowl Offensive MVP 

Justin Fields completed .702 percent of his passes this season to break Dwayne Haskins' school record of .700. 

Pro-football-focus:  Ohio State has only two seasons in history with a 90+ graded QB: 

🔴 Justin Fields, 2020 - 93.3 

🔴 Justin Fields, 2019 - 91.5

@TheDeuce he’s certainly my #1 all time.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Hancock and JK Johnson might have to start as freshman.

I mean let’s throw them to the wolves early and often. We’ll have 12 games to get this secondary straightened out and back to playing at the elite level we’re accustomed to seeing from OSU secondaries. What are your thoughts on Shaun Wade’s NFL future. I just don’t see him as a corner in the NFL. He’ll be out of the league sooner than Eli Apple. I think he can have a long stint in the league as a safety though. He has great instincts playing downhill and is a great athlete. Just isn’t an elite cover corner. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Justin Fields’ Ohio State career in all likelihood comes to a close.

So, he’ll end it by going 396-for-579 (68.5 percent) for 5,373 yards with 63 touchdowns and nine interceptions, along with 867 rushing yards and 15 touchdowns on the ground. 

∙ 20-2 career record

∙ Two CFP Appearances

∙ 2019 Big Ten Championship MVP

∙ 2019 Heisman Finalist

∙ 2021 Sugar Bowl Offensive MVP 

Justin Fields completed .702 percent of his passes this season to break Dwayne Haskins' school record of .700. 

Pro-football-focus:  Ohio State has only two seasons in history with a 90+ graded QB: 

🔴 Justin Fields, 2020 - 93.3 

🔴 Justin Fields, 2019 - 91.5

@TheDeuce he’s certainly my #1 all time.

This isn’t even a debate. Without a doubt the best QB to ever play under center at Ohio State. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I am not going off stats as everyone now puts up video game numbers. I am just strictly comparing against the competition they played against and how they compared to their contemporaries. For that reason, I am partial to Troy Smith though he was horrendous in the title game. Fields was better than he was that night though his performance left a lot to be desired, too. That was also before OSU started recruiting at the upper echelon level to compete with the SEC.

I love Troy and loved that Ohio State team despite the loss to Florida, but Justin Fields is light years ahead of Troy. The Mt Rushmore of OSU QB’s is probably Fields, Troy, Barrett, and Braxton Miller. 

5 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

@TheDeuce we do appreciate all the love you showed to JF.  CJ Stroud has impossible shoes to fill.

For the first time in a long time, OSU has a true QB battle in fall camp. I’m with you that Stroud is 100% the odds on favorite to win the job, but Miller and McCord aren’t slouches. I think it comes down to Stroud and McCord with Miller transferring back out west to a Pac 12 school. No matter who starts though, they’re going to be well protected, have bowling ball and Henderson to hand the ball off to, and the best receiving core in the country to throw to. Whoever starts will be just fine. Now that Devonta has broken the barrier for receivers winning the heisman, I’m going to start looking for some odds to throw on JSN or Garrett Wilson next year. 

Does anyone think that OSU was at any disadvantage because they played fewer games?

I thought it would be much closer but I had a nagging question whether OSU could put together another gem like they had against Clemson back-to-back.

2 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

Does anyone think that OSU was at any disadvantage because they played fewer games?

I thought it would be much closer but I had a nagging question whether OSU could put together another gem like they had against Clemson back-to-back.

Yes and no, I think we were at a bigger disadvantage with missing players and Sermon going down.  We finally started to hit our stride (due to a lack of games).  Again, Bama still beats us full strength, I don’t want to take anything away from them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

I love Troy and loved that Ohio State team despite the loss to Florida, but Justin Fields is light years ahead of Troy. The Mt Rushmore of OSU QB’s is probably Fields, Troy, Barrett, and Braxton Miller. 

Best QB in OSU's history.....Joe Burrow. Ironic.

• Like 1