16thBBall Fan

Alabama 52 Ohio State 24 CFB: National Championship

4 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I think LSU last year still beats this team. The offense was just as good if not better. Plus the LSU defense had playmakers on defense. Which is part of the reason why they were able to beat Bama last year. 

It would be one heck of a game to see though. 

LSU’s offense was almost as good as this Bama offense and their defense was definitely better. 

• Like 1

Just now, John Anthony said:

Nothing, you just don’t realize how good this Tide team is/was.

Their offense was ridiculous. Their defense wasn’t. 

2 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Saw this just now..

Texted four bookmakers about hypothetical spread between 2019 LSU and 2020 Alabama on neutral field.

Their responses:

Bama -3
Bama -2.5
PK
LSU -3

I honestly think it would depend which one just played. If this game happened last year, and the  LSU beat down wins in the playoffs was what we just saw tonight. Then I would say they probably would have LSU as favorite. 

Either way both teams made it look easy. So impressive. 

• Like 1

6 out of the last 12 National Championships belong to the Tide.  

Jeez.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

LSU’s offense was almost as good as this Bama offense and their defense was definitely better. 

LSU defense was far from an all time D last year.  I think the hypothetical odds are right Bama -3.

2 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

LSU defense was far from an all time D last year.  I think the hypothetical odds are right Bama -3.

Similar to this years Bama D, you can’t be the “best team ever” only on one side of the ball. 

A little off topic. However, people said Notre Dame after both of their college playoff losses in the last four years didn’t belong. Yet in their semi final lost to Clemson three years ago, the final score was closer than the lost Bama had to Clemson in the title game year. Then it was the same thing this year. Notre Dame actually gave Bama a closer game than OSU did in the title game. Notre Dame also was the only team to hold this great Bama offense to 35 or less. 

Point is maybe Notre Dame did truly belong in both years. They just happened to play the best team in college football both of their years in the semi finals. Both years against a team who were beating down anyone in the country in those years. Those teams they lost to, were just that much better than every team in those years. 

• Like 1

I know in Bama the name Bear Bryant is right up there with God, but whenever UA builds a new stadium it should probably be named after Saban.  Bryant won 6 championships for the school in 25 seasons, a feat the Saban has matched in just 14 seasons.  Not to mention that it is now much harder to win a national championship these days as you have to actually win it on the field  and not just by swaying the opinion of journalist.  Heck Bryant won twice won national titles in seasons in which they lost the bowl game.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, futurecoach said:

A little off topic. However, people said Notre Dame after both of their college playoff losses in the last four years didn’t belong. Yet in their semi final lost to Clemson three years ago, the final score was closer than the lost Bama had to Clemson in the title game year. Then it was the same thing this year. Notre Dame actually gave Bama a closer game than OSU did in the title game. Notre Dame also was the only team to hold this great Bama offense to 35 or less. 

Point is maybe Notre Dame did truly belong in both years. They just happened to play the best team in college football both of their years in the semi finals. Both years against a team who were beating down anyone in the country in those years. Those teams they lost to, were just that much better than every team in those years. 

Notre Dame football is the most overrated team maybe in all of sports. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Keep in mind Notre Dame did hold this Bama offense to 31. LSU last year had guys who could rush the passer, Patrick Queen at linebacker was a freak who could attack and cover. Then in their secondary they had top cover guys and playmakers. That Bama offense last year was even more loaded, and LSU slowed them down still even when they had 4 first round receivers on the field. 

6 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Similar to this years Bama D, you can’t be the “best team ever” only on one side of the ball. 

I’m just saying I’d take this Bama team over anyone even with a bad D.  They completely dominated everyone with an all SEC schedule.

Just now, TheDeuce said:

Notre Dame football is the most overrated team maybe in all of sports. 

Could discuss that more, but then it would take this thread elsewhere. Like it or not though, Notre Dame actually gave closer games in their semi final losses, than the loser in the title games in those years did against the same teams. 

4 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Could discuss that more, but then it would take this thread elsewhere. Like it or not though, Notre Dame actually gave closer games in their semi final losses, than the loser in the title games in those years did against the same teams. 

There could be an infinite number of reasons that could be true. An obviously one to me is that teams may not show all their cards in the semi-finals in order to have an advantage in the title game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Keep in mind Notre Dame did hold this Bama offense to 31. LSU last year had guys who could rush the passer, Patrick Queen at linebacker was a freak who could attack and cover. Then in their secondary they had top cover guys and playmakers. That Bama offense last year was even more loaded, and LSU slowed them down still even when they had 4 first round receivers on the field. 

LSU gave up 38 to Texas in a close game, beat Auburn by a field goal and edged out Bama who they gave up 41 to.  I don’t like doing the matchup from last year head-to-head.  We have to account for the development of Bama this year.  I think this was a special team, so was that LSU team, I just like this one more.

4 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I’m just saying I’d take this Bama team over anyone even with a bad D.  They completely dominated everyone with an all SEC schedule.

They played two more SEC games than LSU played. LSU played 7 teams who were ranked, Bama played 6. LSU played 6 games against teams who were in the top 10 at the time they played them. LSU last year beat fully healthy number 2 ranked Bama. Number 4 ranked Georgia in SEC title game, then dismantled both teams in the College Football playoffs too. Beating a Clemson team, that had just beaten a great OSU team the week before. 

Bama was very impressive this year. However, overall what LSU did was even more impressive IMO.