Jump to content
16thBBall Fan

Alabama 52 Ohio State 24 CFB: National Championship

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

You were called a sandbagger because you said you thought OSU should be ranked 8-10. You didn't think it then and you still don't think that now. 

I thought it then easily with this defense.  We just didn’t see anyone who could expose it until last night.  We got better as the year went on but the D still sucks, I was right then and right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I hope there will be a replay of the game. I forgot to record it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I thought it then easily with this defense.  We just didn’t see anyone who could expose it until last night.  We got better as the year went on but the D still sucks, I was right then and right now.  

If you say so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

That’s a fair point. I feel like we’ll have a good idea of what the OSU staff looks like by the end of this week because I feel like the Meyer announcement to the Jags is imminent. I don’t see Marotti as an NFL style S&C so I feel like he’s still going to be at OSU, but do you think Pantoni is going with Urban? Those are the two of the 4 most important guys for me along with LJ and Hartline. 

I’m scared to think who he could take. Dennis has Quinn Ewers locked up, Hartline is a beast, LJ is HOF, Pantoni and Mick are the best at what they do.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SHAMROCK69 said:

 I hope there will be a replay of the game. I forgot to record it. 

I would think so, I had it on again about 4am this morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Funny you mention that... I definitely remember one time during the game that OSU was in a basic 4-4 defense and thinking to myself "Are they in a 4-4?" Just not something you see very often at this level. 

Same. On this same play Alabama hit Smith for about a 45 yard strike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I thought it then easily with this defense.  We just didn’t see anyone who could expose it until last night.  We got better as the year went on but the D still sucks, I was right then and right now.  

The secondary sucks. The front 7 when everyone was healthy was elite. We saw that against Clemson. It also makes it even more mind boggling that we decided to give them zero help against the best offense in the country. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Same. On this same play Alabama hit Smith for about a 45 yard strike.

Rookie defensive coordinator and a subpar secondary is all I got on this.  I’ve never seen so many blown coverages in one year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I’m scared to think who he could take. Dennis has Quinn Ewers locked up, Hartline is a beast, LJ is HOF, Pantoni and Mick are the best at what they do.  

Same. Obviously Dennis has a different relationship with Urban than everyone else being his son in law. I’m not sure if Urban would take him to the NFL though being that he’s still fresh in to coaching. I just don’t know. I don’t think he’ll gut the staff completely by any means. I would think Wilson and Mattison are very likely to be near the top of Urbans list. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Rookie defensive coordinator and a subpar secondary is all I got on this.  I’ve never seen so many blown coverages in one year. 

Coombs is currently reaping the mediocre recruiting in the secondary when he left for the Titans. Now that he’s back he’s got to restock the cupboard. We’ll see a full load of young guys next year. If the team is going to make another run at a title, Hancock will almost certainly be a key contributor. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

Coombs is currently reaping the mediocre recruiting in the secondary when he left for the Titans. Now that he’s back he’s got to restock the cupboard. We’ll see a full load of young guys next year. If the team is going to make another run at a title, Hancock will almost certainly be a key contributor. 

Hancock and JK Johnson might have to start as freshman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@John Anthony @GrantNKY Do you guys think Fields is the best OSU QB ever? Saw this questioned asked online and was curious what you guys think. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

@John Anthony @GrantNKY Do you guys think Fields is the best OSU QB ever? Saw this questioned asked online and was curious what you guys think. 

You’re starting to follow wise people!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

You’re starting to follow wise people!

You know I'm a big fan of his so my quick response was that I thought he probably was, but you guys are the experts in this department. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not going off stats as everyone now puts up video game numbers. I am just strictly comparing against the competition they played against and how they compared to their contemporaries. For that reason, I am partial to Troy Smith though he was horrendous in the title game. Fields was better than he was that night though his performance left a lot to be desired, too. That was also before OSU started recruiting at the upper echelon level to compete with the SEC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.