Alabama 52 Ohio State 24 CFB: National Championship

16thBBall Fan

23 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

You were called a sandbagger because you said you thought OSU should be ranked 8-10. You didn't think it then and you still don't think that now. 

I thought it then easily with this defense.  We just didn’t see anyone who could expose it until last night.  We got better as the year went on but the D still sucks, I was right then and right now.  

3 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I thought it then easily with this defense.  We just didn’t see anyone who could expose it until last night.  We got better as the year went on but the D still sucks, I was right then and right now.  

If you say so. 

54 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

That’s a fair point. I feel like we’ll have a good idea of what the OSU staff looks like by the end of this week because I feel like the Meyer announcement to the Jags is imminent. I don’t see Marotti as an NFL style S&C so I feel like he’s still going to be at OSU, but do you think Pantoni is going with Urban? Those are the two of the 4 most important guys for me along with LJ and Hartline. 

I’m scared to think who he could take. Dennis has Quinn Ewers locked up, Hartline is a beast, LJ is HOF, Pantoni and Mick are the best at what they do.  

20 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Funny you mention that... I definitely remember one time during the game that OSU was in a basic 4-4 defense and thinking to myself "Are they in a 4-4?" Just not something you see very often at this level. 

Same. On this same play Alabama hit Smith for about a 45 yard strike.

16 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

The secondary sucks. The front 7 when everyone was healthy was elite. We saw that against Clemson. It also makes it even more mind boggling that we decided to give them zero help against the best offense in the country. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I’m scared to think who he could take. Dennis has Quinn Ewers locked up, Hartline is a beast, LJ is HOF, Pantoni and Mick are the best at what they do.  

Same. Obviously Dennis has a different relationship with Urban than everyone else being his son in law. I’m not sure if Urban would take him to the NFL though being that he’s still fresh in to coaching. I just don’t know. I don’t think he’ll gut the staff completely by any means. I would think Wilson and Mattison are very likely to be near the top of Urbans list. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Rookie defensive coordinator and a subpar secondary is all I got on this.  I’ve never seen so many blown coverages in one year. 

Coombs is currently reaping the mediocre recruiting in the secondary when he left for the Titans. Now that he’s back he’s got to restock the cupboard. We’ll see a full load of young guys next year. If the team is going to make another run at a title, Hancock will almost certainly be a key contributor. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

Coombs is currently reaping the mediocre recruiting in the secondary when he left for the Titans. Now that he’s back he’s got to restock the cupboard. We’ll see a full load of young guys next year. If the team is going to make another run at a title, Hancock will almost certainly be a key contributor. 

Hancock and JK Johnson might have to start as freshman.

I am not going off stats as everyone now puts up video game numbers. I am just strictly comparing against the competition they played against and how they compared to their contemporaries. For that reason, I am partial to Troy Smith though he was horrendous in the title game. Fields was better than he was that night though his performance left a lot to be desired, too. That was also before OSU started recruiting at the upper echelon level to compete with the SEC.

• Like 1