Jump to content
16thBBall Fan

Alabama 52 Ohio State 24 CFB: National Championship

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

They played two more SEC games than LSU played. LSU played 7 teams who were ranked, Bama played 6. LSU played 6 games against teams who were in the top 10 at the time they played them. LSU last year beat fully healthy number 2 ranked Bama. Number 4 ranked Georgia in SEC title game, then dismantled both teams in the College Football playoffs too. Beating a Clemson team, that had just beaten a great OSU team the week before. 
 

Bama was very impressive this year. However, overall what LSU did was even more impressive IMO. 

It’s a good debate, remember with this Bama team there were zero single digit point wins.  Too me that shows absolute dominance.  
 

*Correction, Florida was the only one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John Anthony said:

LSU gave up 38 to Texas in a close game, beat Auburn by a field goal and edged out Bama who they gave up 41 to.  I don’t like doing the matchup from last year head-to-head.  We have to account for the development of Bama this year.  I think this was a special team, so was that LSU team, I just like this one more.

That’s fair. Just when looking at how they matchup. I don’t think Bama stops LSU at all. While I think LSU has enough guys on that defense to slow down Bama. Especially when they were able to slow them down enough last year, when they had four first round guys playing at WR. Then this year they had only two in Smith and Waddle. Which if Waddle isn’t fully healthy, then I am taking LSU even more. 
 

It does suck that we don’t get to watch it lol. However, to change subject. Who is going to be the OSU QB next year?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John Anthony said:

It’s a good debate, remember with this Bama team there were zero single digit point wins.  Too me that shows absolute dominance.  

I also think the SEC was a little more down this year. Texas A&M was good, and Florida was good. Other than that the rest of the SEC wasn’t that great. Georgia should have been better, but they were dumb and took them half the year before they realized who their best QB was and started to play him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, futurecoach said:

That’s fair. Just when looking at how they matchup. I don’t think Bama stops LSU at all. While I think LSU has enough guys on that defense to slow down Bama. Especially when they were able to slow them down enough last year, when they had four first round guys playing at WR. Then this year they had only two in Smith and Waddle. Which if Waddle isn’t fully healthy, then I am taking LSU even more. 
 

It does suck that we don’t get to watch it lol. However, to change subject. Who is going to be the OSU QB next year?

I think it’s CJ Stroud.  OSU will be back but Bama is still recruiting better than us and Georgia.  It’s just unreal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

LSU gave up 38 to Texas in a close game, beat Auburn by a field goal and edged out Bama who they gave up 41 to.  I don’t like doing the matchup from last year head-to-head.  We have to account for the development of Bama this year.  I think this was a special team, so was that LSU team, I just like this one more.

Is there an argument Bama was better this year with Mac Jones at QB as well? He finished with a better completion % on more attempts, more yards, and more TD's. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Walter said:

Is there an argument Bama was better this year with Mac Jones at QB as well? He finished with a better completion % on more attempts, more yards, and more TD's. 

Jones is an elite game manager who gets rid of the ball.  Doesn’t have any Lawrence or Fields traits but he knows exactly how to execute his offense.  He’s almost like an non-athletic Joe Burrow, extremely cerebral.  You could tell the game was in slow motion for him, at least this year it was, at this level of play.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Walter said:

Is there an argument Bama was better this year with Mac Jones at QB as well? He finished with a better completion % on more attempts, more yards, and more TD's. 

To be fair I would hope Mac Jones would finish with more attempts, yards and TDs considering he played 12 games, and Tua only played 9. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohio State officially ends the season ranked 122nd out of 127 teams in pass defense.
 
And I was called a sandbagger 3 months ago when I said we had a suspect D.  If you look for it some people will give objective truth to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Walter said:

Is there an argument Bama was better this year with Mac Jones at QB as well? He finished with a better completion % on more attempts, more yards, and more TD's. 

It won’t let me quote it. However, I seen you say it would be a smart pick for the Bengals to take a Wyatt Davis with the 5th pick. That would absolutely be the worst thing  possible if they used the fifth pick on him. While Davis is good, he is no where close to being a top five or even top ten pick. Probably not even top 15, and that was before the injury he suffered tonight. Which hopefully he is ok, hate seeing players suffer injuries in this game that could hurt their future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John Anthony said:

Ohio State officially ends the season ranked 122nd out of 127 teams in pass defense.
 
And I was called a sandbagger 3 months ago when I said we had a suspect D.  If you look for it some people will give objective truth to you.

Wade was absolutely exposed this year. He definitely is more of a slot or even a safety type. His stock went from probably a first round pick, to maybe not even being a second round pick now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OSU will likely lose a few coaches to the NFL this week.  Have to sort everything out and lay down the blueprint for 2021 after coaches leave and players leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB next year for OSU? Does it matter? Whoever they plug into the system will put up numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, futurecoach said:

It won’t let me quote it. However, I seen you say it would be a smart pick for the Bengals to take a Wyatt Davis with the 5th pick. That would absolutely be the worst thing  possible if they used the fifth pick on him. While Davis is good, he is no where close to being a top five or even top ten pick. Probably not even top 15, and that was before the injury he suffered tonight. Which hopefully he is ok, hate seeing players suffer injuries in this game that could hurt their future. 

When I said that, I meant the smart pick would be to take OL help. I agree that taking Wyatt Davis or even Rashawn Slater at 5 would be a bad pick. Unless it's Penei Sewell, you take Jamar Chase or Devonta Smith at 5 and get OL help in the second round. Plenty of quality linemen will still be available.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John Anthony said:

OSU will likely lose a few coaches to the NFL this week.  Have to sort everything out and lay down the blueprint for 2021 after coaches leave and players leave.

Who are you expecting them to lose? What are the odds Kerry joins Urban in Jacksonville? Would love to see that happen and then them bring Freeman to Columbus days after accepting the ND offer. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw Todd McShay now has Justin Fields going 15th to the Patriots... Will he really fall out of the top 10 after last night?? Everywhere else I've seen has him going 2 to the Jets. I could see ATL taking him at 4 too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.