2020 KFCA Mr. Football & Coach of Year

Tigerpride94

Thank you both. This recognition, in my case, is a reflection of the amount and quality of work our coaches and players across the state put forth so that we could have this season. I have never been more proud to be a KY HS Football Coach and I love KY HS football.

Cam sounds like his uncle Greg. Back in 93 & 94, most teams when we(Paris HS) scouted them, by formation, we knew what they would do. Not Mike Yeagle's Beechwood teams with Greg Hergott at QB. They could hit every area of the field in most every set. Very different for the early 90's. Cam is the same type of player. 

Congrats to Cam ...

and Congrats to all of our kids & coaches across the state of KY that got a fall football season in 2020. It wasn't easy... but WE did it!!!!

• Like 12

40 minutes ago, ChiefSmoke said:

Thank you both. This recognition, in my case, is a reflection of the amount and quality of work our coaches and players across the state put forth so that we could have this season. I have never been more proud to be a KY HS Football Coach and I love KY HS football.

Cam sounds like his uncle Greg. Back in 93 & 94, most teams when we(Paris HS) scouted them, by formation, we knew what they would do. Not Mike Yeagle's Beechwood teams with Greg Hergott at QB. They could hit every area of the field in most every set. Very different for the early 90's. Cam is the same type of player. 

Congrats to Cam ...

and Congrats to all of our kids & coaches across the state of KY that got a fall football season in 2020. It wasn't easy... but WE did it!!!!

You guys had some big boys up front with Paris in 93,94. I think one of the hardest I was ever hit was against you guys in 93 in the second round of the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, ChiefSmoke said:

Congrats to Cam ...

Congratulations to each of you! Coach I remember officiating a Paris/Beechwood game at Beechwood when you were there. I did games when Greg played.... very good player.  He coached qbs there for a long time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason Bucklen said:

You guys had some big boys up front with Paris in 93,94. I think one of the hardest I was ever hit was against you guys in 93 in the second round of the playoffs. 

We had to scheme big Shannon Huth. He was something else. 

Super proud of my Paris guys... they loved football and played their guts out. Very high football IQ as well. That northern KY district was quite a gauntlet to run for a team of about 27 / 28 guys. 

Cameron is certainly living up to the legacy of great football at Beechwood HS. Coach Rash has done a super job continuing that level of excellence. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ChiefSmoke said:

We had to scheme big Shannon Huth. He was something else. 

Super proud of my Paris guys... they loved football and played their guts out. Very high football IQ as well. That northern KY district was quite a gauntlet to run for a team of about 27 / 28 guys. 

Cameron is certainly living up to the legacy of great football at Beechwood HS. Coach Rash has done a super job continuing that level of excellence. 

You guys had some athletes as well. Whatever happened to Cory Dumpford I think that was his name. 

17 minutes ago, Jason Bucklen said:

You guys had some athletes as well. Whatever happened to Cory Dumpford I think that was his name. 

Cory Dumphord went on to play basketball at KY State. He now lives in Paris and does some coaching as well. Cory was the first QB for me that would come to the LOS and call a play based on where the defense aligned.  Did a great job running our offense... between the ears and under the chest as well as having talent. 

1 hour ago, ChiefSmoke said:

Cory Dumphord went on to play basketball at KY State. He now lives in Paris and does some coaching as well. Cory was the first QB for me that would come to the LOS and call a play based on where the defense aligned.  Did a great job running our offense... between the ears and under the chest as well as having talent. 

I never will forget in that playoff game in 93 I ran him down on a kickoff right after we extended our lead to 30-18. Well I can’t say I ran him down I had an angle on him. I cut in between 3 guys to make the tackle. I will never forget his eyes lit up when he turned around and saw me. 😂😂

Congrats to Cam! I posted this in his thread, but I thought he was an outstanding high school QB who got the most out of his talent and had to carry the entire offense in a lot of games. That’s tough for any QB at any level. Well deserved. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, ChiefSmoke said:

Paris were loaded in 93 and 94. They had guys who could run. I can’t remember his name didn’t they have a running back named Micheal Jackson or Johnson? 

• Like 1