CFP: #1 Alabama vs. #4 Notre Dame Predictions/Updates

TheDeuce

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alabama
    • Notre Dame

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2021 at 05:00 PM

Im a Notre Dame fan,  but I don’t think anyone with a straight face can predict Notre Dame will win. Just have to hope for one of those big upsets that we do see from time to time in sports 

Alabama is going to score, Notre Dame has to hope they find away to create a coupe of turnovers. Alabama defense is not as good as in years past. Florida was able to pass all over them. Then a month and a half ago a bad Mississippi team ran for over 260 yards on them and scored 48 points. 

So Notre Dame should be able to move the ball on them. Which Notre Dames offense is set up to be able to move the ball and control the clock. They will need to be able to do that this game, however they will need to make sure they are getting touchdowns and not field goals at the end of those long drives. They had their chance early to do that to Clemson too, but settled for a field goal on the first drive and then missed a chip shot on the other. 

So I do think Notre Dame can make this a much better game than people may think. However, they will still need a lot to go completely right for them to be able to pull off the win. 

I wouldn't read too far into Clemson beating ND in the way they did. It's really hard to beat a team twice. Alabama will be facing the best DL and OL they have all year. Ian Book will not be dominated twice in a row like that. I think this one is close in the first half and then Bama pulls away.

ND  -  20

Bama  -  38

I genuinely feel ND is better than they showed last Saturday. I also feel the Alabama defense is somewhat vulnerable. Don’t get me wrong Alabama is hands down the best team and that offense is going to score a ton of points. I just think ND will be able to keep it interesting for a half. I’ll take Bama 48 ND 28. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

I genuinely feel ND is better than they showed last Saturday. I also feel the Alabama defense is somewhat vulnerable. Don’t get me wrong Alabama is hands down the best team and that offense is going to score a ton of points. I just think ND will be able to keep it interesting for a half. I’ll take Bama 48 ND 28. 

I think Bama will be in their head too much. I doubt this a game after mid second quarter. I hope I'm wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Run To State said:

I think Bama will be in their head too much. I doubt this a game after mid second quarter. I hope I'm wrong. 

That’s possible. I still think ND will be able to score some points though. Nobody will be able to stop the Bama offense though. Also come on RTS, your Irish are the deserving 4th team in the playoff. 

3 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

That’s possible. I still think ND will be able to score some points though. Nobody will be able to stop the Bama offense though. Also come on RTS, your Irish are the deserving 4th team in the playoff. 

After the way they played Saturday, I don't feel they do. Just my opinion. I honestly expected them to lose, hard to beat good team like that twice, especially with Lawrence back. But I did expect them to show up, they didn't. I think Texas A&M deserves it over them.