Bowling Green vs. Owensboro Predictions/Updates (5A State Championship)

Purple88

Who Wins this game?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2020 at 05:00 PM

5 minutes ago, ApolloFan98 said:

Right??  Like calling a sideline interference will 1 minute left in the game to put one team deep in the others territory, down 1 point.... 😆

To be fair, itsy clearly on video the coach was in the way of the official. And he may have said something to. I went back to it a number of times and it's clearly interference.

And they had gotten a warning for the same thing earlier in the game. I hate to see that type of call in that situation, but it clearly was an infraction and not close.  Now the official could have made the decision to not throw the flag which makes think something was said as well. 

49 minutes ago, TnT91 said:

Seems like every game we play an Ohio St commit or a UK commit, or some other big school commit, and every game i walk off the field and think the same thing, "well Burwash was the best player on the field again tonight". In the meantime schools like WKU rank 139th on signing day and didn't sign anyone as good as Burwash, Bunton, Echols, etc. Not  even a sniff. Blows my mind. But yes Buwash could punt and play safety for any school in the country in college. And if we needed a 40 yard field goal to win he could do that too. I know he wants to play baseball but its a shame nobody is banging down his doors to play football. Bunton will be an absolute steal for some college and Echols will be too. I guess if you don't go to all the camps nobody pays attention to you.

I am really looking forward to seeing the Burwash kid.  I have heard a lot of good things about him.  I always marvel at the kids that stick out like a sore thumb every single game (in a good way) and don't get recruited like you would expect them to.  When @Purple88 brought him up on our show without any hesitation, I circled him on the roster sheet.

We'll see how it goes, but I think come Saturday night, a lot of people are going to be talking about this Owensboro offensive line.  Justin Millay is really slept on state wide.  Trey Miller is a name that will ascend state rankings in the next few years.  Jak Lindsey is coming off an unbelievable performance as a freshman.  He was offered by UK on Saturday.  Someone must have noticed.  A lot of games are won and lost up front and this should be a championship level battle with the Devils OL vs the Purple People Eaters, high school edition.

Lastly, unless Owensboro just turns it over time after time, I would be floored if they lost this game by 20 points or more.  I saw a lot of folks saying that same stuff last week and I thought they would have proved that they can play with anyone in the state by now.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

To be fair, itsy clearly on video the coach was in the way of the official. And he may have said something to. I went back to it a number of times and it's clearly interference.

And they had gotten a warning for the same thing earlier in the game. I hate to see that type of call in that situation, but it clearly was an infraction and not close.  Now the official could have made the decision to not throw the flag which makes think something was said as well. 

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.  The film I saw had the official back up pretty deep on the sideline.  Hudl had it cut off when the contact was made but Fallin looked like he was trying to get out of the way when the official headed his way.  I think "clearly" is a bit of a strong opinion of the video that I saw.  Just seems like a really tough spot to make that kind of call at that moment in the game with everything on the line.

25 minutes ago, ApolloFan98 said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.  The film I saw had the official back up pretty deep on the sideline.  Hudl had it cut off when the contact was made but Fallin looked like he was trying to get out of the way when the official headed his way.  I think "clearly" is a bit of a strong opinion of the video that I saw.  Just seems like a really tough spot to make that kind of call at that moment in the game with everything on the line.

Plus the official was about 15-20 yards ahead of where the play finished.  The official was running very deep in that box - for what reason?  no one was around him.  Hogwash call.  And you're right the video of the game doesn't show much but the very end.

2 minutes ago, Brown said:

Plus the official was about 15-20 yards ahead of where the play finished.  The official was running very deep in that box - for what reason?  no one was around him.  Hogwash call.  And you're right the video of the game doesn't show much but the very end.

Honestly, it looked like to me that the play shifted his direction and he didn't expect it and back peddled so quickly he lost an idea of where he was.  He was so deep at first that he almost ran into the Owensboro kids on the sideline.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brown said:

Plus the official was about 15-20 yards ahead of where the play finished.  The official was running very deep in that box - for what reason?  no one was around him.  Hogwash call.  And you're right the video of the game doesn't show much but the very end

It was clear to me. It was obvious in the video. Coach ran into the official and may have said something too.

Plus they already had a warning earlier in the game. You get what you get there. 

7 minutes ago, ApolloFan98 said:

Honestly, it looked like to me that the play shifted his direction and he didn't expect it and back peddled so quickly he lost an idea of where he was.  He was so deep at first that he almost ran into the Owensboro kids on the sideline.

Yep - and @Killowatt59 - Coach looked to be standing still and ref was running way in front of play and looked to run into coach.  May have "not" said something too.  😀  

Average prediction in this thread:

BG 26 - 20

BG high 37  BG Low 14

Owensboro high 35  Owensboro low 6

Largest Margin predicted 14 BG,  7 Owensboro

50% think the margin will be under 10 points, 50% think 12-14 points

80% said BG will win/ 20% said O will win (who predicted a score) that is right in line with the poll of 88 people too.

• Like 7