Bowling Green vs. Owensboro Predictions/Updates (5A State Championship)

Purple88

Who Wins this game?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2020 at 05:00 PM

7 minutes ago, PhenomxX said:

I'm just not sure what exactly you're looking for in an offense is what I'm saying. One post I might see that we gotta throw the ball, the next post is that we have to pound with Bunton? I agree with you that when BG is not turning the ball over they are fun to watch. I'm also saying there isn't much credit being given to the competition the Purples are actually facing. This isn't Barren County or anyone else from that old schedule, the competition has increased. So to expect us to beat up teams and score in two plays or less is very unrealistic. I'm very proud of our boys and what they've accomplished on both sides of the ball. 

The offense that showed up against St. X, McCracken County, second South Warren game, North Bullitt is the offense we need to show.

Balanced offense with some plays down the field. Solid running attack, limited turnovers. Those are good example games of what we need.

Bottom line is I don't care as long as they win, but having a balanced offense with a deep threat, solid running game and no turnovers will give the Purples a better chance to win every time.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PhenomxX said:

There a lot of Junior Madden offensive coordinators on this thread and there have been quite a few posts in the past dogging our OWN offense. I'm sure running four verticals with Dingle is going to put points on the board, along with also running the ball with Bunton while jumping through a  flame hoop with Conner.. Offense just needs to grind and control the line of scrimmage. We have a solid offensive line with veteran leadership (Johnson, Littlefield, France, and Cofer) Austin Anderson is a monster on the edge, and he's only a sophomore. If you watched the Covington game, the offense did well at making Catholic stack the box, and then slip Bunton or Burwash out on a bubble or a screen. We just didn't catch the ball.. and that's fine, I'm sure they will be coached up during the week to be ready for an even better defense. 

Nobody is saying run 4 seam routes. Not sure what game you watched, but Bg only had 2 dropped balls Friday. Their were only 6 completed passes and only Bunton and Burwash were targeted all game. BG can't get away with that Saturday.  They will need to spread it out and get more guys involved and Cooper will need to move around a little to buy some time keeping eyes down field. To out score Owensboro he will need to complete more than 6 passes for 58 yards. Not sure whhy that has anything to do with being a Madden coordinator. The defense won't give them the ball inside the 10 yard line 4 times Saturday.  BG never drove the ball the whole game. Other than Coopers long run there was never a drive BG got over a couple first downs.

• Like 1

Just now, TnT91 said:

Nobody is saying run 4 seam routes. Not sure what game you watched, but Bg only had 2 dropped balls Friday. Their were only 6 completed passes and only Bunton and Burwash were targeted all game. BG can't get away with that Saturday.  They will need to spread it out and get more guys involved and Cooper will need to move around a little to buy some time keeping eyes down field. To out score Owensboro he will need to complete more than 6 passes for 58 yards. Not sure whhy that has anything to do with being a Madden coordinator. The defense won't give them the ball inside the 10 yard line 4 times Saturday.  BG never drove the ball the whole game. Other than Coopers long run there was never a drive BG got over a couple first downs.

What other receivers would you like to target sir? There hasn't been a consistent outside threat all season other than Burwash. (Wilson's out), we expect one to show up Saturday? As for the mobility take, there's no need to roll out if it's not a designed play, Conner has always been able to extend the play. I agree with you on that it'd be nice to have more 58 yards passing. Also, we have dropped quite a few balls this season, not just in that Covington game. If we limit our turnovers, our offense should be fine.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhenomxX said:

What other receivers would you like to target sir? There hasn't been a consistent outside threat all season other than Burwash. (Wilson's out), we expect one to show up Saturday? As for the mobility take, there's no need to roll out if it's not a designed play, Conner has always been able to extend the play. I agree with you on that it'd be nice to have more 58 yards passing. Also, we have dropped quite a few balls this season, not just in that Covington game. If we limit our turnovers, our offense should be fine.. 

Oh I don't know, how about there 1st and 2nd leading receivers. 

2 minutes ago, TnT91 said:

Oh I don't know, how about there 1st and 2nd leading receivers. 

Bunton and Burwash? You just complained about feeding them the ball. 

The actual X and Z receievers are:

Will Vale #13

Conner Siddens #80

Hopefully the can make it happen on the outside. Siddens had a great block on the outside that sprung one of Bunton's longer runs Friday. So I believe that 13 & 80 will be more valuable at blocking the alley than running routes.

1 minute ago, PhenomxX said:

Bunton and Burwash? You just complained about feeding them the ball. 

Their leading receiver is Dingle, their second leading receiver is Strode.  Burwash is 3rd and Bunton is 4th. They have more weapons than Bunton and Burwash.

11 minutes ago, TnT91 said:

Their leading receiver is Dingle, their second leading receiver is Strode.  Burwash is 3rd and Bunton is 4th. They have more weapons than Bunton and Burwash.

I watch the games just like you do.. Dingle has caught how many balls and scores? Strode had a great game vs Greenwood, not many other volume catch games however. So I still stand behind that Bunton and Burwash are the threats in the passing game. Dingle could obviously be the leading receiver if he wasn't double teamed every play, along with being chipped by the 6 technique every play. If Owensboro for some reason allows Dingle to roam free, then we could be talking about a big game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PhenomxX said:

Can I pull out a Killowatt quote? "Stats can be very deceiving" 

I've been saying all year they need to find a way to get Dingle the ball. Burwash is great too, Strode has made some good plays. 

They need to be able to throw to those guys both in 15+ yard routes and 15 yards and shorter.  We need to throw successfully more then we did against CC. And not turn the ball over.  If we can do those two things the running game will take care of itself and take a little pressure off the defense.

I still say Owensboro will have a hard time scoring. Their schedule was weak. FD was impressive that's for sure, but really they should have loss that game too.

I think BG can score on their defense too.

28-14 BG is my prediction. 

• Like 2

Just now, Killowatt59 said:

I've been saying all year they need to find a way to get Dingle the ball. Burwash is great too, Strode has made some good plays. 

They need to be able to throw to those guys both in 15+ yard routes and 15 yards and shorter.  We need to throw successfully more then we did against CC. And not turn the ball over.  If we can do those two things the running game will take care of itself and take a little pressure off the defense.

I still say Owensboro will have a hard time scoring. Their schedule was weak. FD was impressive that's for sure, but really they should have loss that game too.

I think BG can score on their defense too.

28-14 BG is my prediction. 

Absolutely! We got some guys on defense that when they get the ball in their hands they can find the endzone. It's hard to pick the 'best' DB on our team because every one of them are talented. Echols, Millett, Rainville, and Burwash are the seniors, so the younger guys follow after them! I'm excited to see that Jungle D!

• Like 2

Also want to add, Dingle does a lot. I don't mean that. He's become a beast of a blocker and that is underrated. He's been playing some defense and making an impact there as well.

So Dingle does so much that doesn't show up on the stat board.

I just know we need another receiver to throw to, he fits the mold and I can't figure out why we can't get him the ball some. 

• Like 2

Dingle has 34 receptions and is BG's leading receiver and that is with every team the Purples have played setting their defense to take him away.  The biggest contribution Dingle will make in this game is on defense getting pressure on Wimsatt.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

Also want to add, Dingle does a lot. I don't mean that. He's become a beast of a blocker and that is underrated. He's been playing some defense and making an impact there as well.

I just know we need another receiver to throw to, he fits the mold and I can't figure out why we can't get him the ball some. 

I'm not sure if this is in the playbook, but Y screen could potentially get him the ball even it's a cheap way. He's a LOAD to tackle, getting the ball in his hands with momentum could help if there's no way to get the ball to him in the seams. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

Yeah, Dingle does so much during the game blocking and recently rushing the qb on 3rd downs that helps us win games. And Burwash is the best athlete on the field and I agree hes our biggest deep threat receiver regardless of stats. My point was I just know when our offense is clicking their are usually 4 or 5 guys catching balls and making plays. Burwash is the deep guy, but Dingle and Strode have been moving the chains when the offense is really clicking. And of course Bunton can run it and catch it. I just think if we want to dominate Saturday we got to get Dingle, Strode, Burwash, and Bunton involved and show the total package.  Defensively,  the jungle d will have to get used to the speed that ball is coming out and the great timing the qb has with Tinsley. But I'm not to worried about that D. They are pretty dominant. 

• Like 2