Lexington Christian Academy vs. Beechwood Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)

ATLCat

LCA vs. Beechwood  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Lexington Christian Academy Eagles
    • Beechwood Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2020 at 06:00 PM

3 hours ago, Beechwoodfan said:

Every single game starting in 1974.  I was a cheerleader at that game, dating a linebacker, who I eventually married.   Watcher my brother play in 1984, and then 3 nephews and two sons along the way.

Your brother was hard to block!

And did you watch anyone else in that game?

Beechwood 31, LCA 28

In a game where both teams are loaded with weapons, the best player on either side - Beechwood senior QB Cameron Hergott - rises above again and leads the Tigers to a 4th quarter victory, capped off by a game-winning FG by senior K Colin Graman, widely considered one of the best kickers in the state.

The Tigers special teams units - led by Graman (K) and Hergott (P) - have been beyond outstanding this year. In a game where two teams are this evenly matched, the best special teams squads will make a difference. Look for the Tigers to make 1 or 2 BIG PLAYS on special teams in the win. 

Also, I would caution those you locking in on the West Carter score last week as evidence of why Beechwood can't win this game. This team and this offense are dramatically better on turf. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrosefStalin said:

Beechwood 31, LCA 28

In a game where both teams are loaded with weapons, the best player on either side - Beechwood senior QB Cameron Hergott - rises above again and leads the Tigers to a 4th quarter victory, capped off by a game-winning FG by senior K Colin Graman, widely considered one of the best kickers in the state.

The Tigers special teams units - led by Graman (K) and Hergott (P) - have been beyond outstanding this year. In a game where two teams are this evenly matched, the best special teams squads will make a difference. Look for the Tigers to make 1 or 2 BIG PLAYS on special teams in the win. 

Also, I would caution those you locking in on the West Carter score last week as evidence of why Beechwood can't win this game. This team and this offense are dramatically better on turf. 

If I am LCA one thing is for sure, I would not let Cam Hergott beat me. 

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

I agree BS but I think LCA has the depth and athletes to do it.

Again, I hope I am wrong. 

Going to be a close game either way I think. Agree, the weapons/athletes LCA has are impressive. Really intrigued by Xavier Brown. Will be interested to see how the Tigers scheme against Neives/Moore and especially Brown. 

• Like 1

The most dangerous offensive play is the QB avoiding sacks and extending plays. West Carter will attest to that. 

There are three things fueling hope for the Tigers fans:

1. Hergott using his legs to make plays running and passing.

2. Beechwood defense has been outstanding all year. Belief the West Carter field was a big contributor to the defense's second half last week. 

3. Noel Rash and his coaching staff.

• Like 2

Beechwood will need to be very disciplined on defense against LCA's play action and misdirection plays. They do a lot of motion and misdirection. LCA has players who can make big plays and they use a bit of trickery to get them into space. 

There will be a battle in the trenches, especially the LCA offensive line versus Beechwood defensive line. That by itself will be worth watching.

On offense, the Beechwood passing game should be able to make plays against the LCA defense. It is going to be tough for Hergott to find space running, even on scrambles. LCA defense is fast to the ball. 

Kicking game is an interesting matchup. Both teams' kickers are very capable of hitting 40 yard field goals. LCA kicker looks good on kickoffs when he hits it. Really good hang time to inside the 5 or to the goal line. Beechwood definitely has an advantage punting the ball. That could be a factor in field position. 

These two teams last played each other in the 2007 1A championship game. It was one of the best high school football games I have ever seen. Back and forth with big play after big play. Beechwood prevailed 38-35. This game has the makings to be just as good. 

• Like 2