Lexington Christian Academy vs. Beechwood Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)

ATLCat

LCA vs. Beechwood  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Lexington Christian Academy Eagles
    • Beechwood Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2020 at 06:00 PM

Gotta give the nod to LCA, but they need to show up expecting a battle. Beechwood knows how to hit you in the mouth. Its the 27 straight points given up to W Carter that have me concerned...I dont believe the Tigers can just outscore the Eagles.

On 12/13/2020 at 9:08 PM, LoudenSwain said:

Great post, love it. But gotta clear up something. It’s Luke Slusher, not Brady. BW Alum Brady is his cousin and trainer and reason for the transformation from a 215lb Kid in Jan 2019, to a 280lb RT blocking for Kentucky’s Mr Football 8 months later. Brady is the man no doubt, and Luke is doing his best to live up to Mr Miyagis teachings  and if I do say so myself, he is doing just fine........ GOTIGERS! 😎

Brandon Slusher is the trainer. Brady is his younger brother. Definitely a family filled with athletes so understandable to have them confused. Youngest Brett played at UK. 

1 hour ago, NKY25 said:

Brandon Slusher is the trainer. Brady is his younger brother. Definitely a family filled with athletes so understandable to have them confused. Youngest Brett played at UK. 

And all are my family. 😎. Luke is #51 for BW.  RT and NT.  Yes, Brandon is the Trainer for the team and Asst  AD. But his brother Brady (BW Alum and former UC Bearcat and EKU Colonel) is Luke’s off season guru responsible for his transformation from TE to Tackle. Add his influence to what Coach Barnett at BW does during in season and you got the finished product on Friday nights. Anyways, All I was trying to clear up earlier.  

Enjoy this week everyone. Love seeing the kids get to experience this. Two great teams and programs. I can’t imagine NOT wanting to watch this on Friday. I can’t wait. Stay safe everyone and See you at Kroger field. GO TIGERS!!!

I believe the key to the game for both teams will be containing the opposing teams offense. Key word “containing” both teams can put up a bunch of points and do so in a number of ways. Cam Hergott is an absolute playmaker, but I feel that LCA answers with multiple big time playmakers with Brown, Moore, Nieves, and Vernon. At the end of the day it’s going to come down to who can get the most pressure on the QBs and disrupt the offense, and I feel like that is LCA. LCA does a very good job up front on the D-line getting pressure on the QB and I think that will be the difference maker.

Prediction

LCA- 35

Beechwood- 21

26 minutes ago, EnjoytheGame said:

I believe the key to the game for both teams will be containing the opposing teams offense. Key word “containing” both teams can put up a bunch of points and do so in a number of ways. Cam Hergott is an absolute playmaker, but I feel that LCA answers with multiple big time playmakers with Brown, Moore, Nieves, and Vernon. At the end of the day it’s going to come down to who can get the most pressure on the QBs and disrupt the offense, and I feel like that is LCA. LCA does a very good job up front on the D-line getting pressure on the QB and I think that will be the difference maker.

Prediction

LCA- 35

Beechwood- 21

Agree 100%. 

These two teams are the best in 2A.  It's set up to be a great game.

I'll give the edge to LCA.  They seem to have more team speed then Hergott & Co.

LCA 38

Beechwood 28

On 12/14/2020 at 12:13 AM, Beechwoodfan said:

I am one of a handful of people who can say they have been to every one of Beechwood’s state championship games.  Can’t wait to keep up the streak on Friday.

Every championship game, win or lose, or every win? When was the first one?

22 hours ago, Sallfham said:

Every championship game, win or lose, or every win? When was the first one?

Every single game starting in 1974.  I was a cheerleader at that game, dating a linebacker, who I eventually married.   Watcher my brother play in 1984, and then 3 nephews and two sons along the way.

• Like 2

Just now, Beechwoodfan said:

I am afraid you might be right, but hoping you are wrong.

Hey Beechwood Super Fan!

That seems to be the overwhelming feeling among the Beechwood fans I have discussed this with, the word HOPE comes up early and often.

Go TIGERS!

• Like 1