Michigan and Ohio State Canceled

TheDeuce

39 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Kevin Warren from the B1G tried to look like the smartest man in the room in August and took away flex scheduling and the season, now we have the results of his mess.

It’s still crazy to me that they screwed with the original revised schedule to begin with. That schedule was perfect. Bunch of losers in the B1G offices. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Essentially no, aside from letting the seniors play again.

I like your thought process, we should really aim for A&M, or UC, but the B1G wouldn’t allow it.

Yeah I just don't see a B1G team playing OSU right now with zero benefit. That would be doing OSU a favor and I'm not sure any of them want to do that. 😂

50 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I bet they try to get:

OSU/Illinois

OSU/Minny

OSU/Purdue 

My vote is for OSU and Indiana again but Penix is done.

Illinois is slated to play Northwestern.  Minnesota is supposed to play Nebraska.  And Purdue is scheduled to take on Indiana.

Have any of those three (NW/Neb/Ind) had to call their games off due to Covid?

The Big Covid-19 Conference will change their stance on the six game rule. OSU is the only team that will be considered for playoffs.....and there is way too much money for every conference team involved to keep them out. I have been shocked that the Championship Committee has not intervened by now.

10 minutes ago, 9068 said:

The Big Covid-19 Conference will change their stance on the six game rule. OSU is the only team that will be considered for playoffs.....and there is way too much money for every conference team involved to keep them out. I have been shocked that the Championship Committee has not intervened by now.

You’re expecting competency from a group that has shown zero ability to make a single competent decision throughout all of this. 

• Like 1

My official guess (Truly a guess): Purdue has Covid issues. The B1G to avoid any rematches, will schedule Nebraska/ Indiana and Ohio State/Minnesota this weekend. I just feel like that’s the most logical thing to do. I don’t think the B1G would want any rematches and now they have a path to avoid it. It sucks for Nebraska and Minnesota, but hey it’s 2020. We’re all in misery. 

3 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

My official guess (Truly a guess): Purdue has Covid issues. The B1G to avoid any rematches, will schedule Nebraska/ Indiana and Ohio State/Minnesota this weekend. I just feel like that’s the most logical thing to do. I don’t think the B1G would want any rematches and now they have a path to avoid it. It sucks for Nebraska and Minnesota, but hey it’s 2020. We’re all in misery. 

I am somewhat ignorant on all of these BIG10 rules, but why would they reschedule Minnesota/Nebraska... just so teams can play someone they haven't, I assume? Not that any of this is fair, but these two schools have been preparing for one another the last three days. So if the BIG10 leadership is as bad as it seems, this makes total sense 🙂

1 minute ago, bugatti said:

I am somewhat ignorant on all of these BIG10 rules, but why would they reschedule Minnesota/Nebraska, just so teams can play someone they haven't? Not that any of this is fair, but these two schools have been preparing for one another the last three days.

Because they can't risk OSU not playing in a title game and then not getting in the CFP because of it. 

Can you even imagine being a coaching staff this year? Chadwell at CCU prepared for Liberty and BYU last week....at least he knew something....OSU light years ahead of every possible opponent, but you still need some preparation. Wow....UC and Tulsa cancelled too. Just play AAC championship 12/19. Can't believe Coastal and Troy is still being played.

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Because they can't risk OSU not playing in a title game and then not getting in the CFP because of it. 

I get that, but to me it makes more sense to just change the rules or you simply don't make it. I would strongly object if I were some team that gets rescheduled on Tuesday or Wednesday.

• Like 2

An interesting thing was brought up, was that if the Big10 has to "steal" an opponent from another game this weekend, to give to OSU (in order that they "comply" with the rules for the championship game).  Then, why not just play that disrupted game the following week (when OSU/Northwestern play for the title)?  That way, Indiana and Purdue can still have their rivalry game (or Maryland/Rutgers, etc.).

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

I am somewhat ignorant on all of these BIG10 rules, but why would they reschedule Minnesota/Nebraska... just so teams can play someone they haven't, I assume? Not that any of this is fair, but these two schools have been preparing for one another the last three days. So if the BIG10 leadership is as bad as it seems, this makes total sense 🙂

Honestly I don’t know. Haha just really throwing something on the wall and hoping it sticks at this point. Logically the thing that makes the most sense is to just change the rule to allow Ohio State in the championship game. The next logical thing is an Ohio State/ Indiana rematch. But we all know the B1G has tried and true rules that have existed for a whole 4 months that they are going to try and defend. 

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

From a financial standpoint, every B1G school needs Ohio State in the playoff. With so many athletic departments taking huge hits this year, they need that income. In normal years I think the schools tell Ohio State to kick rocks as they probably should, but I think the accounting side of the ADs are saying, “hey I know it kind of sucks, but unless you want to take another pay cut next year or lose more support staff, we kind of need this.”