Kansas 65 Kentucky 62

16thBBall Fan

Final. Overall an ugly game by both teams the Jayhawks only shot 30% from the field and still won. The Cats were out rebounded had fewer assists and more turnovers. Really IMO this was probably the two worst games in the history of the Champions Classic the Duke/Michigan State game was not fun to watch either.

• Thanks 1

Well sucks losing. Good thing is, they look like they will be a great defensive team this year, and Jackson is probably their best shot blocker since Davis. 

With that said the offense is a mess. Lots of talent on offense,  but no flow at all right now. I think Mitz needs to be starting and not Askew. Also I think this team obviously misses Brooks more than we realize. 

When he is back. I wouldn’t mind seeing a lineup of Clark, Mitz, Boston, Brooks, and Sarr. With Clark being the one who runs the point. He can get in the lane, and the floor could be spread with guys that should be able to eventually start making shots in Mitz, Boston, Brooks. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Point guard play is my biggest long term concern.  I'm not not sure either guy is good enough this year.  

I like Mitz and think with his experience he can be good. However, I think if they let Clark play the point. That would give them their best and most explosive lineup. 

They played well on defense.   But once Kansas shut down the transition game and invited UK to take jumpshots they just couldn't generate any consistent offense.   They've hit a long way to go and, with the rest of the out of conference schedule,  they better figure it out quick.   

• Like 2

Also I thought  I realized what coach honestly fits the best for what UK fans want. UK fans want top recruits, but yet they complain if to many one and done. UK fans want talented guys who will stay too. A guy who gets top players, but also has a good amount who stay is Bill Self. Yet UK fans probably would still complain about him too, since he only has one title. 

So basically there is no coach that UK fans wouldn’t complain about lol. 

• Like 1