Jump to content

College Football Playoff Top 25 (12-01-20)


16thBBall Fan

Recommended Posts

1. Alabama (8-0)
2. Notre Dame (9-0)
3. Clemson (8-1)
4. Ohio State (4-0)
5. Texas A&M (6-1)
6. Florida (7-1)
7. Cincinnati (8-0)
8. Georgia (6-2)
9. Iowa State (7-2)
10. Miami (7-1)
11. Oklahoma (6-2)
12. Indiana (5-1)
13. BYU (9-0)
14. Northwestern (5-1)
15. Oklahoma State (6-2)
16. Wisconsin (2-1)
17. North Carolina (6-3)
18. Coastal Carolina (9-0)
19. Iowa (4-2)
20. USC (3-0)
21. Marshall (7-0)
22. Washington (3-0)
23. Oregon (3-1)
24. Tulsa (5-1)
25. Louisiana (8-1)
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Walter said:

Thinking/hoping Auburn upsets A&M this weekend.

That's the first domino UC fans are hoping falls while they sit idle for another week before the first of two games with Tulsa. 

What does UC need? Auburn over A&M, Bama over Florida, & ND over Clemson? If UC wins out is there any way UC doesn't get in if that scenario plays out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Tones said:

What does UC need? Auburn over A&M, Bama over Florida, & ND over Clemson? If UC wins out is there any way UC doesn't get in if that scenario plays out?

I'm not positive Bama over Florida really helps UC all that much and ND over Clemson certainly doesn't, IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, John Anthony said:

I think UC’s schedule will keep them out.  They needed that marquee OOC opponent to beat.

You really think UC playing and beating Nebraska this year would have enhanced their resume?

UC is at 7 because they pass the eye test of being one of the most complete teams in the country and the committee is finally giving the AAC respect for being a quality league.

Urban talked about this Sat after spending hours watching film on UC and BYU to see if they were as good as the hype. In his opinion, UC should be ranked ahead of Florida and A&M. Mentioned UC being a more complete team and that they would be good enough to make it to the CCG in any other league. 

I know the perception among fans is that the AAC isn't apart of the P5 so it's not on par with those leagues, but SMU, UCF, Memphis, and Tulsa have all spent multiple weeks in the top 25 this year. Committee looks at that when doing these rankings. 

I'd be very surprised if a 2 loss Florida or A&M got in over them, assuming ND beats Clemson twice. Your boy Herbie said if OSU doesn't play enough games to qualify for the CCG, a 10-0 UC should get in over them even though OSU is probably the better team. 

And FWIW, UC tried getting a marquee game and called around when their schedule fell apart.. Notre Dame, among others, wasn't interested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Yes, I believe it’s possible. 

Clemson is the only team I would be worried about getting in over UC with 2 losses... And I honestly wouldn't think UC got shafted if the committee did take Clemson over UC. ... But I see no way the committee puts 2 loss Florida or A&M in a rematch with Bama in the 1 v 4 game if those two and undefeated UC are the three options. 

I'm not expecting UC to make the CFP, but I do think it's possible they get in with the above scenario. The committee is giving UC a lot more respect than they gave UCF. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2020 at 3:40 AM, Walter said:

You really think UC playing and beating Nebraska this year would have enhanced their resume?

UC is at 7 because they pass the eye test of being one of the most complete teams in the country and the committee is finally giving the AAC respect for being a quality league.

Urban talked about this Sat after spending hours watching film on UC and BYU to see if they were as good as the hype. In his opinion, UC should be ranked ahead of Florida and A&M. Mentioned UC being a more complete team and that they would be good enough to make it to the CCG in any other league. 

I know the perception among fans is that the AAC isn't apart of the P5 so it's not on par with those leagues, but SMU, UCF, Memphis, and Tulsa have all spent multiple weeks in the top 25 this year. Committee looks at that when doing these rankings. 

I'd be very surprised if a 2 loss Florida or A&M got in over them, assuming ND beats Clemson twice. Your boy Herbie said if OSU doesn't play enough games to qualify for the CCG, a 10-0 UC should get in over them even though OSU is probably the better team. 

And FWIW, UC tried getting a marquee game and called around when their schedule fell apart.. Notre Dame, among others, wasn't interested.

Very complete team but are they one of the 4 best?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2020 at 2:40 AM, Walter said:

And FWIW, UC tried getting a marquee game and called around when their schedule fell apart.. Notre Dame, among others, wasn't interested.

Were they not interested or not allowed.  If I recall correctly the ACC isn't allowing any OOC games this year and Notre Dame agreed to those terms to compete in the ACC "bubble".  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Very complete team but are they one of the 4 best?

They are better than the top 4 currently. Are they better than Florida and A&M? In all likelihood no. I do believe they are better than every other team though so 7 seems like a pretty good placement for me. If there are only 3 power 5 teams with 1 loss or less, I think UC gets in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Irish Cat said:

Were they not interested or not allowed.  If I recall correctly the ACC isn't allowing any OOC games this year and Notre Dame agreed to those terms to compete in the ACC "bubble".  

Georgia Tech played UCF... ACC was allowed playing OOC games. I think the terms were OOC games were only allowed if being played at home. Same with Big 12. Those were the two conferences UC AD Cunningham targeted when calling around.

ND could have moved their home game against UC up a year but the Irish and Kelly weren't interested. UC also tried  to get games with West VA, Pitt, Iowa State, and Louisville, among others (per Fickell during radio shows this year).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Very complete team but are they one of the 4 best?

Urban thinks so... I trust his opinion. 

“If Ohio State plays and they don’t have a chance to beat a good team other than Indiana — because you look at Michigan State’s record and Michigan State is not a good team,” Meyer said. “You look at the Wolverines, they are not a good team. They’re really struggling. They could finish the season with one (impressive) win and you see Alabama has all these wins. Can you tell me Cincinnati has a worse schedule than Ohio State? No.”

Urban Meyer: Cincinnati has stronger schedule than Buckeyes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.