Madison Southern at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates (5A Playoffs) - Cancelled

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Covington Catholic
    • Madison Southern

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2020 at 12:00 AM

Covington Catholic and Madison Southern had never seen each other on the football field until 2015, and this Friday will now make the fourth time in six seasons that the two teams have played.

The Colonels have won all three previous contests, beating the Eagles 28-7 in the second round of the 2015 5A playoffs, 49-13 in the 2017 5A championship game, and beating them 49-9 last year in the 5A quarterfinals.

Looking at their quarterfinal rematch this Friday, Cov Cath is 9-1 with a loss to Lex Cath on Nov 6th, and Mad South is 6-3 with losses to Pulaski County and Collins in the first two weeks of the season, plus a loss to Boyle County on Oct 30th.

What are we likely to see happen in Park Hills on Friday night?

24059687_1940288289625853_5362043982116365717_o.jpg.33ac4542feb3d176cf6dd091bf8690d3.jpg

• Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to Madison Southern at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates (5A Playoffs)
  • theguru changed the title to Madison Southern at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates (5A Playoffs) - Cancelled
2 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Someone refresh my memory...does Madison Southern's cancellation mean that Woodford County - who lost on Friday to Madison Southern - will have the opportunity to play Covington Catholic this week in the quarterfinals?

I don't think so. I believe that only takes effect if a team cancels after playoff Week 3 or Week 4. So if Madison Southern had beat Covington Catholic this week, then had to drop out, CovCath would advance.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I don't think so. I believe that only takes effect if a team cancels after playoff Week 3 or Week 4. So if Madison Southern had beat Covington Catholic this week, then had to drop out, CovCath would advance.

Correct.  Cov Cath advances to the semis. Let’s all pray we never deal with this craziness ever again.  Hopefully, all afflicted at Mad South, recover quickly and safely.  At least they ended their season with an exciting win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Someone refresh my memory...does Madison Southern's cancellation mean that Woodford County - who lost on Friday to Madison Southern - will have the opportunity to play Covington Catholic this week in the quarterfinals?

Do you know how often teams are tested?