Madison Southern at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates (5A Playoffs) - Cancelled

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Covington Catholic
    • Madison Southern

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2020 at 12:00 AM

52 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

Is CCH getting the winner of BG and Owensboro Senior in the semis?

Bowling Green and Owensboro don't play each other in the quarters. BG hosts North Bullitt and Owensboro hosts Fairdale. Barring any major upsets, we're staring at semifinal rematches from last year.

BG at CovCath 

Frederick Douglass at Owensboro 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

Bowling Green and Owensboro don't play each other in the quarters. BG hosts North Bullitt and Owensboro hosts Fairdale. Barring any major upsets, we're staring at semifinal rematches from last year.

BG at CovCath 

Frederick Douglass at Owensboro 

I like those two games. 

22 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

Sounds like I had it all screwed up. Thanks for clarifying folks. The era of the RPI adjusted brackets still have my head spinning.

I hope this helps.

- The RPI is frozen and locked in at the conclusion of the regular season. 

- Rounds 1 and 2 are district rounds.

- RPI takes effect in Round 3, at which point the state is separated into West (districts 1-4) and East (districts 5-8). Among the four district champions in the West, it's 1 hosting 4 and 2 hosting 3 in accordance with RPI rankings. Ditto for the eastern half of the bracket. 

- For the semis, the barrier separating West and East is scrapped and among the four teams left it's simply 1v4 and 2v3, regardless of geography. 

• Thanks 1

I’m curious how it will work if the region winner cancels on like a Thursday I think it would be difficult for a team that ended their season the week before with no practice to load up and go play a football game. Also imagine if a team loses a game then goes on to win the state championship how weird would that be for that team. But all of this being said I don’t think any teams that has had to cancel since the playoffs begin had a realistic chance of winning anyway.