Washington 20 Bengals 9

3 hours ago, nkypete said:

Joe is not just a franchise QB; he is the face of the franchise.  Everyone is calling this "Black Sunday".  Interesting train of thought that I just heard on the radio.  With Joe hurt, the small amount of entertainment value for the Bengals this season is gone.  Very likely that PBS will be empty for the remaining home games.  Who would want to go?  Fans need to support the team.  Why?  The Bengals lease is up in 2026.  I don't care what kind of repairs Hamilton County is doing to PBS.  When that lease expires, who knows what could happen if a suitor like San Antonio, St. Louis, Portland, San Diego or Orlando come calling?  Money speaks louder than loyalty.

Agreed on everything until the end. The Brown family isn’t moving the Bengals. Just wouldn’t happen. The Brown family and the state of Ohio, are an inseparable pair. Also everyone of the cities you named have the same issues regarding stadiums that PBS has except Portland and Portland is not a football city in anyway shape or form. Can’t see them even wanting a team. Also Orlando would be the worst possible place for an NFL team. Nobody is from Orlando so it’s tough to build loyalty, they would have to build a new stadium, and it’s a horrific sports city in my opinion. Just so much else to do in Orlando and they are one of the cities that can legitimately say they wouldn’t need the revenue from an NFL team. Let’s just hold the boat a little bit on sky is falling attitude. The team isn’t going anywhere. 

2 hours ago, futurecoach said:

They need to now maintain the 3 spot in the draft, and preferably would be great to get to the second spot. Get in a spot where someone would want to trade up to get a Lawrence or Fields. 

I don’t see us catching the Jets for the first pick and the Jags are equally as bad. But you can bet I’ll be watching every one of their games the rest of the year. We have the opportunity now to actually make a difference. Sewell is to OL what Chase Young was for DL last year. Can’t miss dude. I’d be shocked if Lawrence and Fields don’t go 1-2. We have to get that second pick and use it to get a second first rounder. I hate that we are at this spot 2 years in a row where we actually have to hope the Bengals lose, but it what it is. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, futurecoach said:

The Giants are bad, they could find a way to be worst than us for a game. However, it definitely would be a surprise if they win another game. 

Can’t see us winning another game, 10-14 pts is the most we could score and that’s not going to be enough against anybody 

8 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

I don’t see us catching the Jets for the first pick and the Jags are equally as bad. But you can bet I’ll be watching every one of their games the rest of the year. We have the opportunity now to actually make a difference. Sewell is to OL what Chase Young was for DL last year. Can’t miss dude. I’d be shocked if Lawrence and Fields don’t go 1-2. We have to get that second pick and use it to get a second first rounder. I hate that we are at this spot 2 years in a row where we actually have to hope the Bengals lose, but it what it is. 

If they would get to 2 and trade down past 3 they probably wouldn’t get Sewell

10 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

Agreed on everything until the end. The Brown family isn’t moving the Bengals. Just wouldn’t happen. The Brown family and the state of Ohio, are an inseparable pair. Also everyone of the cities you named have the same issues regarding stadiums that PBS has except Portland and Portland is not a football city in anyway shape or form. Can’t see them even wanting a team. Also Orlando would be the worst possible place for an NFL team. Nobody is from Orlando so it’s tough to build loyalty, they would have to build a new stadium, and it’s a horrific sports city in my opinion. Just so much else to do in Orlando and they are one of the cities that can legitimately say they wouldn’t need the revenue from an NFL team. Let’s just hold the boat a little bit on sky is falling attitude. The team isn’t going anywhere. 

I didn't say it "would" happen, just that it "could" happen.  The Bengals are now down to the third generation of ownership and management.  It is something to be watched because we don't know their mindset.  The franchise (and fan support) needs to be watched carefully over then next 5 years.  Any of those other cities would love a NFL team (even the Bengals) because of the money.  A few years ago, I would have said the same thing about Las Vegas (not a football city).  But I've seen that new stadium.  It is beautiful.  If a city wants to be a good suitor to steal a team, they will figure it out and build a new sexy stadium.

3 minutes ago, nkypete said:

I didn't say it "would" happen, just that it "could" happen.  The Bengals are now down to the third generation of ownership and management.  It is something to be watched because we don't know their mindset.  The franchise (and fan support) needs to be watched carefully over then next 5 years.  Any of those other cities would love a NFL team (even the Bengals) because of the money.  A few years ago, I would have said the same thing about Las Vegas (not a football city).  But I've seen that new stadium.  It is beautiful.  If a city wants to be a good suitor to steal a team, they will figure it out and build a new sexy stadium.

I just don’t see it. Cincinnati is a great football city. So much infrastructure has been built around the stadium and the city as a whole is booming. I just don’t see how there would be any interest in moving the team. Yes ownership is now in the 3rd generation of the Brown family and it’s still a family run organization. No generation is any more hands off than the last. As long as the Browns are running the show, the Bengals will always be in Cincinnati. 

2 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

I just don’t see it. Cincinnati is a great football city. So much infrastructure has been built around the stadium and the city as a whole is booming. I just don’t see how there would be any interest in moving the team. Yes ownership is now in the 3rd generation of the Brown family and it’s still a family run organization. No generation is any more hands off than the last. As long as the Browns are running the show, the Bengals will always be in Cincinnati. 

Honestly, I hope you are right!

2 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

Money talks.  If you don’t think the Brown family would leave for a new stadium and whatever else they could coax from a city you are mistaken.  In 5 years he poses the threat again and this time they tell him to not let the door hit him on the way out.

18 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Money talks.  If you don’t think the Brown family would leave for a new stadium and whatever else they could coax from a city you are mistaken.  In 5 years he poses the threat again and this time they tell him to not let the door hit him on the way out.

Enough with the fear mongering. You honestly think the city would invest millions of dollars in to riverfront development just to tell the Bengals to not let the door hit them on the way out? Come on. 

33 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

What is wrong with PBS?