Washington 20 Bengals 9

24 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

It wasn’t a dirty play, but damn that sucks for Joe. I feel like most people worried about this happening behind that joke of an OL. This is on the Bengals ownership, period. 

Get well soon, Joe. Then get the hell out of Cincinnati. 

Got Carson Palmer-ed in year 1.  Joe is a mentally tough kid I think he will bounce back but man what a joke.  Luckily, he’s set for life.

25 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

He is real good friends with some of my family in Athens he actually played with my cousins son in HS. He is just the same guy like you see in the interviews also so is his parents really great family.

He provided so much hope for Cincinnati.  I haven’t seen the city this down since Kenyon Martin.

Just heartbroken over this. Burrow doesn’t deserve this. The city doesn’t deserve this. Gut wrenching. Luckily it wasn’t a dirty play and just football, but I still have that same feeling in my stomach that I did when it happened to Palmer. 

• Like 1

Hindsight, at least we’re back in the sweepstakes for Penei Sewell. Including today, we were headed in to the easiest part of our schedule and likely would have pulled off quite a few more wins. Get Joe some protection and revamp the entire coaching staff. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

Just heartbroken over this. Burrow doesn’t deserve this. The city doesn’t deserve this. Gut wrenching. Luckily it wasn’t a dirty play and just football, but I still have that same feeling in my stomach that I did when it happened to Palmer. 

This! I don’t have words right now still. This sucks!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Joe is not just a franchise QB; he is the face of the franchise.  Everyone is calling this "Black Sunday".  Interesting train of thought that I just heard on the radio.  With Joe hurt, the small amount of entertainment value for the Bengals this season is gone.  Very likely that PBS will be empty for the remaining home games.  Who would want to go?  Fans need to support the team.  Why?  The Bengals lease is up in 2026.  I don't care what kind of repairs Hamilton County is doing to PBS.  When that lease expires, who knows what could happen if a suitor like San Antonio, St. Louis, Portland, San Diego or Orlando come calling?  Money speaks louder than loyalty.

1 hour ago, nkypete said:

Joe is not just a franchise QB; he is the face of the franchise.  Everyone is calling this "Black Sunday".  Interesting train of thought that I just heard on the radio.  With Joe hurt, the small amount of entertainment value for the Bengals this season is gone.  Very likely that PBS will be empty for the remaining home games.  Who would want to go?  Fans need to support the team.  Why?  The Bengals lease is up in 2026.  I don't care what kind of repairs Hamilton County is doing to PBS.  When that lease expires, who knows what could happen if a suitor like San Antonio, St. Louis, Portland, San Diego or Orlando come calling?  Money speaks louder than loyalty.

You are correct there. Even with them not winning much, people were still watching to watch him. He was making them exciting to watch even if the wins weren’t there yet. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nkypete said:

Good points but I can’t see ANY city being a suitor of a franchise that Mike Brown owns!  And all you guys are right, HOPE is the most important thing a person can have and in the world of football hope was destroyed today, no hope if winning a game the rest of the year and no hope for next year if Joe can’t make it back!!  I think he gave us hope every game that we had a chance to win AND he was so much fun to watch!!

3 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

Hindsight, at least we’re back in the sweepstakes for Penei Sewell. Including today, we were headed in to the easiest part of our schedule and likely would have pulled off quite a few more wins. Get Joe some protection and revamp the entire coaching staff. 

They need to now maintain the 3 spot in the draft, and preferably would be great to get to the second spot. Get in a spot where someone would want to trade up to get a Lawrence or Fields. 

20 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Good points but I can’t see ANY city being a suitor of a franchise that Mike Brown owns!  And all you guys are right, HOPE is the most important thing a person can have and in the world of football hope was destroyed today, no hope if winning a game the rest of the year and no hope for next year if Joe can’t make it back!!  I think he gave us hope every game that we had a chance to win AND he was so much fun to watch!!

Sad thing is, there will be a line a mile long to get the Bengals, no matter how bad the ownership is.  There's only 32 NFL teams and and there are 10 media markets bigger than Cincinnati that don't have a team and would like one.