Official KHSAA RPI Rankings (11/7)

Just now, theguru said:

No clue.

Anyone?

I don’t think there’s any recalibration. RPI has traditionally locked after the last regular season game with no modifications during the postseason. Obviously this is a unique year but I think you’re looking at the final product. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I don’t think there’s any recalibration. RPI has traditionally locked after the last regular season game with no modifications during the postseason. Obviously this is a unique year but I think you’re looking at the final product. 

So if 3 opts out does 4 become 3 or is 3 vacated and whoever was supposed to play 3 gets a bye?

I wouldn't think anything needs to be done to recalculate the RPI Rankings but I think the KHSAA may need to recalibrate the RPI Rankings if teams drop out. 

Does that distinction make sense gchs?

• Thanks 1

Just now, theguru said:

So if 3 opts out does 4 become 3 or is 3 vacated and whoever was supposed to play 3 gets a bye?

I wouldn't think anything needs to be done to recalculate the RPI Rankings but I think the KHSAA may need to recalibrate the RPI Rankings if teams drop out. 

Okay, I think we were talking about different things. Using your example, I’m guessing we’ll hear next week about a 4-seed bumping up to 3 if the 3-seed drops out.

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

I agree with gchs. RPI is locked in and is not going to change. The numbers above are the RPI for the entire playoffs.

Playoff seedings and brackets are TBD but they will be based on the RPI above.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, theguru said:

No clue.

Anyone?

I don’t know why the RPI scores themselves would need to be changed with forfeits. If you get a first round forfeit, just move everyone up a seed if you have a 5+ team district. If you get forfeits after that, just accept them as forfeits?

1 minute ago, Pacman69 said:

I don’t know why the RPI scores themselves would need to be changed with forfeits. If you get a first round forfeit, just move everyone up a seed if you have a 5+ team district. If you get forfeits after that, just accept them as forfeits?

We will have to wait to see what schools opt in or opt out before we can even speculate on brackets and seeding.

39 minutes ago, theguru said:

Not sure if this addresses what you are saying but this sentence is from the press release from the KHSAA this morning.

"If a seeded team withdraws and other district teams remain in the alignment, those teams not qualifying from earlier from within that district will be given an opportunity to enter the bracket."

• Thanks 1

How big was the Lex Cath win over Cov Cath for Boyle County?  With the win and the OOWP from Cov Cath that pretty much pushed them over Johnson Central (0.00164).  Looking at the RPI that's huge on who you're playing in the 3rd.and 4th. rounds, should you get that far.  

6 minutes ago, Rebel said:

How big was the Lex Cath win over Cov Cath for Boyle County?  With the win and the OOWP from Cov Cath that pretty much pushed them over Johnson Central (0.00164).  Looking at the RPI that's huge on who you're playing in the 3rd.and 4th. rounds, should you get that far.  

Hadn’t even thought about the LexCath bump for Boyle. That is huge. Boyle clearly a big winner after last night. 

One thing that I see is that most people see Frederick Douglass as the favorite in 5A at least for sure top 3 at the least and after the first round they will I think have to play the rest of their games on the road based on their RPI due to teams using the this years rules to not play and as other good teams have found it is hard to find someone willing to play you. If they do make it Kroger Field again this season it will be well deserved. However I'm not real comfortable us getting all the way to the end this season. I sure hope so.

I see a path for Mayfield to the State Title game. If the top 4 stands then Mayfield would play at West Carter? And if LCA was to lose to Somerset in the 2nd round then West Carter would take over the number 1seed and Somerset would travel to Mayfield and Beechwood would travel to West Carter?

How does Beechwood drop from #2 to #4 without playing and none of the other top 9 schools in 2A playing? What am I missing here? 

The only top 10 school that played in 2A was Shelby Valley and they beat a very average 3A Fleming County. That shouldn't negatively impact.

I did notice Ryle, a 6A school Beechwood pounded, won last night easily over Conner, to finish 6-3. They also are currently #8 in 6A RPI. That shouldn't negatively impact.  

2A Strength of Schedule Rankings - 1. LCA. 2. Beechwood. 8. West Carter. 15. Mayfield.

If this current RPI ranking holds, that is an absolutely brutal beat to the Tigers. Wow. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

I see a path for Mayfield to the State Title game. If the top 4 stands then Mayfield would play at West Carter? And if LCA was to lose to Somerset in the 2nd round then West Carter would take over the number 1seed and Somerset would travel to Mayfield and Beechwood would travel to West Carter?

Yes, exactly. Brutal RPI update for Beechwood. Brutal with a capital B...salty, big mad brutal. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

If LCA loses to Somerset than West Carter becomes the 1 seed. Mayfield the 2 seed. Beechwood the 3 seed. Somerset the 4 seed. So Somerset goes to West Carter. Beechwood goes to Mayfield. Is that correct?