Basketball 2020-21

On 11/20/2020 at 3:50 PM, rjal said:

As a parent of a spring sport athlete, I appreciate them trying to not have them miss two seasons.  Those kids missed an entire season, not playoffs, or late start or abbreviated season.  None at all.  Pushing it into July is a complete no go.  1) for baseball and softball that is club season 2) as I found out with my senior last year by the time June and July rolled through no one cared anymore about proms and graduations.  I can't imagine graduating seniors would care about games in June unless it was the state championship.  I also have a basketball player who is super excited to play and I understand the need for cash influx, but you can't sacrifice the spring kids again.  Heck even the basketball kids probably don't want to play in spring because that cuts into AAU.

My daughter completely lost her Senior year softball and tennis.  So I do feel for the Spring athletes, but I can remember many freezing days outside in March watching her play.  So IMO, they easily could have played BB a few more weeks with finals in early April and had a April to Mid-June spring season.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The state was supposed to be on shut down, dead period for three weeks, no one was to practice until December 14th, yet they were teams practicing the whole time, with no punishment whatsoever.  The whole thing is unfair to players and coaches.  The coaches that do things right were excited to get back going today,  and after practice frustrated that our players are out of shape and basically starting over.  I feel terrible for players and coaches.  Players are more susceptible to getting hurt as well.  I know what our football guys have been through now, hats off to all of the fall sport coaches.  Feel bad for the Louisville players and coaches.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 8th Region Warrior said:

The state was supposed to be on shut down, dead period for three weeks, no one was to practice until December 14th, yet they were teams practicing the whole time, with no punishment whatsoever.  The whole thing is unfair to players and coaches.  The coaches that do things right were excited to get back going today,  and after practice frustrated that our players are out of shape and basically starting over.  I feel terrible for players and coaches.  Players are more susceptible to getting hurt as well.  I know what our football guys have been through now, hats off to all of the fall sport coaches.  Feel bad for the Louisville players and coaches.

Unfortunate, but true.