Boyle County vs. Mercer County Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/2020 at 10:00 PM

Friday gives us our first glimpse at the “new” Boyle. Can Justin Haddix fill the shoes of legendary coach Chuck Smith? Who will replace Lanter under center? Who becomes the big play guy now that Reese Smith has graduated? Even with all the change the expectation remains the same, a state title. 

Mercer enters the game also looking at replacing several key players off one of their best teams since the 2006 title team. Recent history in this series hasn’t gone in Mercer’s favor losing the last 3 matchups by a combined score of 141-23. 

Will the strange year 2020 has been offer a change for Mercer to change the trend or will Boyle reload and pick up where they left off? 

• Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to Boyle County vs. Mercer County Predictions/Updates

I think Boyle will dominate in this one 42-7. They have 12 players back that started at some time last year, plus a very good transfer that will probably start at QB. Another player is back that started year before last and missed last year with an injury. Some of those 12 starters also play both ways.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Country said:

I think Boyle will dominate in this one 42-7. They have 12 players back that started at some time last year, plus a very good transfer that will probably start at QB. Another player is back that started year before last and missed last year with an injury. Some of those 12 starters also play both ways.

Who is the injured player returning? I can’t think of who it is. 

Going to be interesting as to what the Boyle officials do about fans attending this Friday.  Hearing 2 to 4 vouchers per player only.  No cheerleaders, band members, students and non working faculty allowed inside.  But, on the bright side of things Boyle will be televising all home games this season as pay per view for $5.45  

https://www.team1prep.com/ky/?S=boylecounty&fbclid=IwAR316itbJ-pLDwM3RGfth6x1jb1VEPvdMMILX99GeMVJOBF6pg47I7GPz5I&B=191936

I think Coach Buchanan will have the Titans ready to play and they are coming off of a great season like you said.   I know Coach Haddix is a good coach but I will have to wait and see before I can say anything about the Rebels.   I have been a stat guy for Boyle for 28 years but my kids graduated from Mercer so I pull for both team but I have to go to go with the Rebels.