Beechwood at Corbin Predictions/Updates

DevilMayCare

Tigers vs. Hounds  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/2020 at 11:30 PM

This marquee Week 1 matchup features two of Kentucky's most recognizable programs. Both schools are looking for bigger and better things this year after recording their lowest win totals and earliest playoff exits in several years. Granted, Beechwood made the 2A semifinals, but the Tigers were coming off three consecutive 1A championships.

Noel Rash still patrols the sideline for Beechwood, but a new/old face will be leading the Redhounds this year. Tom Greer returns to his old stomping grounds as the new head man for Corbin, and he steps into an enviable position with the talent on their roster.

Among the standout players for each side: Cam Hergott (Beechwood QB), Trayveon Longmire (Corbin ATH), and Dakota Patterson (Corbin WR).

Beechwood holds a 2-1 edge since the series picked up in 2017. Both teams have high hopes of lifting championship hardware in Lexington, but it all starts this Friday night at Campbell Field.

• Thanks 2

I think home field for these teams is a huge factor when they play. Going back to last year. Beechwood had a good game plan and it happen to come after Corbins first loss at home and at a time Beechwood needed there first win.  Honestly, Corbin played there worst game of the year against Beechwood last year. I was there. I also have watched that game film more than I like. Corbin in every preseason poll or prediction has been given a 5-5 or 6-4 chance for the season. I follow this team. They return along with Franklin County the most returning starters from last year in 4A. Through the coaching change, we inherited the defense coach we were missing from last year to make our defense very strong. Our offense coordinator hire in the off season makes our offense as equal or better than last year. Now the transfers. We gained 3 kids who will start and about 4 or 5 who didn’t play on last years team that could have been impact players last year. My score prediction was just that. Corbin plays a nice schedule. I hate we don’t get Bowling Green for a measuring stick but it is what it is. What I think will happen. I think Corbins defense will control the game. Unlike last year where they couldn’t tie there shoe. We are strong up front, fast linebackers and fast dbacks and well coached. Offense will look completely different. Cameron Combs our QB is underrated. I think by years end he will be well known.  We are loaded on offense. I don’t won’t to put more because it’s too close to game time. I know Beechwood is no joke. Honestly, a very classy program. I enjoy the trip up there. I talked to some locals last year that were telling me about the talent at the school. If they all played football, they probably wouldn’t lose a game. Good luck to Beechwood and there team and I know it will be a good game. Always is. 

41 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I think home field for these teams is a huge factor when they play. Going back to last year. Beechwood had a good game plan and it happen to come after Corbins first loss at home and at a time Beechwood needed there first win.  Honestly, Corbin played there worst game of the year against Beechwood last year. I was there. I also have watched that game film more than I like. Corbin in every preseason poll or prediction has been given a 5-5 or 6-4 chance for the season. I follow this team. They return along with Franklin County the most returning starters from last year in 4A. Through the coaching change, we inherited the defense coach we were missing from last year to make our defense very strong. Our offense coordinator hire in the off season makes our offense as equal or better than last year. Now the transfers. We gained 3 kids who will start and about 4 or 5 who didn’t play on last years team that could have been impact players last year. My score prediction was just that. Corbin plays a nice schedule. I hate we don’t get Bowling Green for a measuring stick but it is what it is. What I think will happen. I think Corbins defense will control the game. Unlike last year where they couldn’t tie there shoe. We are strong up front, fast linebackers and fast dbacks and well coached. Offense will look completely different. Cameron Combs our QB is underrated. I think by years end he will be well known.  We are loaded on offense. I don’t won’t to put more because it’s too close to game time. I know Beechwood is no joke. Honestly, a very classy program. I enjoy the trip up there. I talked to some locals last year that were telling me about the talent at the school. If they all played football, they probably wouldn’t lose a game. Good luck to Beechwood and there team and I know it will be a good game. Always is. 

Thanks for all of that information.

I spoke with someone from Beechwood today and they were not optimistic about the outcome of the game against the Redhounds.  Based on that and your commentary I voted for Corbin in the poll. 

Additionally I agree home field advantage is huge here. 

• Like 1

I see Beechwood 's season this year playing out a lot like last year. They are going to work their way through some tough games early, learn who can do what and try to get everything working well together for the district games. This is a light senior class for Beechwood. There might be 4 or 5 seniors that start and none of them will play both ways. They will be relying on young players and new starters which will take a few games to figure out and get in synch. A Beechwood win at Corbin is an upset in my opinion.

That said, I don't see Corbin putting up 35 and winning by 3 TD's. I expect Beechwood's defense to be stronger than that. I will guess Corbin 21 Beechwood 14.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Here is a link to listen to Beechwood's audio broadcast of tonight's game: Beechwood Sports Radio Network

Here is a link to watch Corbin's pay-per-view video broadcast of tonight's game: https://t1073.com/sports.html

EhkyKrMWoAARToR.jpg

Correction: Beechwood is NOT broadcasting the game this evening. MOST schools will only be allowing their home broadcasting team to do any sort of event to secure proceeds. Essentially, an agreed up on blackout. The only broadcast of tonight's game is from the Corbin broadcast team. 

The Beechwood Sports Radio Network's first broadcast will be Week 3 versus Ryle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

Correction: Beechwood is NOT broadcasting the game this evening. MOST schools will only be allowing their home broadcasting team to do any sort of event to secure proceeds. Essentially, an agreed up on blackout. The only broadcast of tonight's game is from the Corbin broadcast team. 

The Beechwood Sports Radio Network's first broadcast will be Week 3 versus Ryle. 

Thanks for the correction. That's a good point...if schools are trying to recoup lost gate money with pay-per-view video, I can understand their turning down the request for visiting teams to do an audio broadcast.