Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood at Corbin Predictions/Updates

Tigers vs. Hounds 30 members have voted

  1. 1. Who gets the win?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/11/2020 at 11:30 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This marquee Week 1 matchup features two of Kentucky's most recognizable programs. Both schools are looking for bigger and better things this year after recording their lowest win totals and earliest playoff exits in several years. Granted, Beechwood made the 2A semifinals, but the Tigers were coming off three consecutive 1A championships.

Noel Rash still patrols the sideline for Beechwood, but a new/old face will be leading the Redhounds this year. Tom Greer returns to his old stomping grounds as the new head man for Corbin, and he steps into an enviable position with the talent on their roster.

Among the standout players for each side: Cam Hergott (Beechwood QB), Trayveon Longmire (Corbin ATH), and Dakota Patterson (Corbin WR).

Beechwood holds a 2-1 edge since the series picked up in 2017. Both teams have high hopes of lifting championship hardware in Lexington, but it all starts this Friday night at Campbell Field.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    I see Beechwood 's season this year playing out a lot like last year. They are going to work their way through some tough games early, learn who can do what and try to get everything working well toge

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    Here is a link to listen to Beechwood's audio broadcast of tonight's game: Beechwood Sports Radio Network Here is a link to watch Corbin's pay-per-view video broadcast of tonight's game: https://t1

  • BrosefStalin
    BrosefStalin

    Correction: Beechwood is NOT broadcasting the game this evening. MOST schools will only be allowing their home broadcasting team to do any sort of event to secure proceeds. Essentially, an agreed up o

 Corbin 35

Beechwood 14

53 minutes ago, Cheese said:

 Corbin 35

Beechwood 14

Hi Cheese! Please share your reasoning for this prediction! 
 

Beechwood 19, Corbin 17 

I think home field for these teams is a huge factor when they play. Going back to last year. Beechwood had a good game plan and it happen to come after Corbins first loss at home and at a time Beechwood needed there first win.  Honestly, Corbin played there worst game of the year against Beechwood last year. I was there. I also have watched that game film more than I like. Corbin in every preseason poll or prediction has been given a 5-5 or 6-4 chance for the season. I follow this team. They return along with Franklin County the most returning starters from last year in 4A. Through the coaching change, we inherited the defense coach we were missing from last year to make our defense very strong. Our offense coordinator hire in the off season makes our offense as equal or better than last year. Now the transfers. We gained 3 kids who will start and about 4 or 5 who didn’t play on last years team that could have been impact players last year. My score prediction was just that. Corbin plays a nice schedule. I hate we don’t get Bowling Green for a measuring stick but it is what it is. What I think will happen. I think Corbins defense will control the game. Unlike last year where they couldn’t tie there shoe. We are strong up front, fast linebackers and fast dbacks and well coached. Offense will look completely different. Cameron Combs our QB is underrated. I think by years end he will be well known.  We are loaded on offense. I don’t won’t to put more because it’s too close to game time. I know Beechwood is no joke. Honestly, a very classy program. I enjoy the trip up there. I talked to some locals last year that were telling me about the talent at the school. If they all played football, they probably wouldn’t lose a game. Good luck to Beechwood and there team and I know it will be a good game. Always is. 

41 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I think home field for these teams is a huge factor when they play. Going back to last year. Beechwood had a good game plan and it happen to come after Corbins first loss at home and at a time Beechwood needed there first win.  Honestly, Corbin played there worst game of the year against Beechwood last year. I was there. I also have watched that game film more than I like. Corbin in every preseason poll or prediction has been given a 5-5 or 6-4 chance for the season. I follow this team. They return along with Franklin County the most returning starters from last year in 4A. Through the coaching change, we inherited the defense coach we were missing from last year to make our defense very strong. Our offense coordinator hire in the off season makes our offense as equal or better than last year. Now the transfers. We gained 3 kids who will start and about 4 or 5 who didn’t play on last years team that could have been impact players last year. My score prediction was just that. Corbin plays a nice schedule. I hate we don’t get Bowling Green for a measuring stick but it is what it is. What I think will happen. I think Corbins defense will control the game. Unlike last year where they couldn’t tie there shoe. We are strong up front, fast linebackers and fast dbacks and well coached. Offense will look completely different. Cameron Combs our QB is underrated. I think by years end he will be well known.  We are loaded on offense. I don’t won’t to put more because it’s too close to game time. I know Beechwood is no joke. Honestly, a very classy program. I enjoy the trip up there. I talked to some locals last year that were telling me about the talent at the school. If they all played football, they probably wouldn’t lose a game. Good luck to Beechwood and there team and I know it will be a good game. Always is. 

Thanks for all of that information.

I spoke with someone from Beechwood today and they were not optimistic about the outcome of the game against the Redhounds.  Based on that and your commentary I voted for Corbin in the poll. 

Additionally I agree home field advantage is huge here. 

  • Author

@Cheese just swayed me in Corbin's favor. The Hounds have a lot of talent, plus they don't have to spend two and a half to three hours on a bus. I have tons of respect for the Beechwood program, but I think Corbin comes out on top here. 

I see Beechwood 's season this year playing out a lot like last year. They are going to work their way through some tough games early, learn who can do what and try to get everything working well together for the district games. This is a light senior class for Beechwood. There might be 4 or 5 seniors that start and none of them will play both ways. They will be relying on young players and new starters which will take a few games to figure out and get in synch. A Beechwood win at Corbin is an upset in my opinion.

That said, I don't see Corbin putting up 35 and winning by 3 TD's. I expect Beechwood's defense to be stronger than that. I will guess Corbin 21 Beechwood 14.

I like Corbin here. As others have said home field should play a role but I wouldn't be shocked if Beechwood won.

This is one I wish I could attend. 

I'll take Corbin at home. 

39 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Here is a link to listen to Beechwood's audio broadcast of tonight's game: Beechwood Sports Radio Network

Here is a link to watch Corbin's pay-per-view video broadcast of tonight's game: https://t1073.com/sports.html

EhkyKrMWoAARToR.jpg

Correction: Beechwood is NOT broadcasting the game this evening. MOST schools will only be allowing their home broadcasting team to do any sort of event to secure proceeds. Essentially, an agreed up on blackout. The only broadcast of tonight's game is from the Corbin broadcast team. 

The Beechwood Sports Radio Network's first broadcast will be Week 3 versus Ryle. 

 

27 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

Correction: Beechwood is NOT broadcasting the game this evening. MOST schools will only be allowing their home broadcasting team to do any sort of event to secure proceeds. Essentially, an agreed up on blackout. The only broadcast of tonight's game is from the Corbin broadcast team. 

The Beechwood Sports Radio Network's first broadcast will be Week 3 versus Ryle. 

 

Thanks for the correction. That's a good point...if schools are trying to recoup lost gate money with pay-per-view video, I can understand their turning down the request for visiting teams to do an audio broadcast.

First Beechwood possession ends inside Corbin territory with a Hergott Interception. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.