Big 10 Cancels Football Season

Jumper_Dad

27 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Penn State's director of athletic medicine, Wayne Sebastianelli, says that cardiac MRI scans revealed that roughly 30-35 percent of Big Ten athletes who tested positive for COVID-19 appeared to have myocarditis.

Penn State drops this nugget the night before the vote.

Shouldn’t they have the exact number? I’m skeptical. 

2 hours ago, John Anthony said:

If you vote no at this point, after they disclosed the first hidden vote, and will disclose the 2nd vote, you’re football program is now a glorified MAC program.

Big props to Nebraska they’ve really lead the charge here if this works.

This whole Nebraska/ Ohio State coalition we have going on right now is pretty awesome for me. My girlfriend’s entire family graduated from Nebraska and her parents are season ticket holders. Definitely is working out well for me that’s it’s these 2 schools leading the charge. Haha 

4 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Penn State's director of athletic medicine, Wayne Sebastianelli, says that cardiac MRI scans revealed that roughly 30-35 percent of Big Ten athletes who tested positive for COVID-19 appeared to have myocarditis.

Penn State drops this nugget the night before the vote.

Does anyone have any idea how often those same athletes were given cardiac MRI's prior to being exposed to COVID-19?

19 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Does anyone have any idea how often those same athletes were given cardiac MRI's prior to being exposed to COVID-19?

No, and there’s been an update to the story, imagine that.

UPDATE: Penn State has issued a statement of clarification that Dr. Sebastianelli accidentally provided inaccurate information this afternoon. In fact, no athletes at Penn State in any sport have actually been diagnosed with myocarditis. 

3 hours ago, John Anthony said:

No, and there’s been an update to the story, imagine that.

UPDATE: Penn State has issued a statement of clarification that Dr. Sebastianelli accidentally provided inaccurate information this afternoon. In fact, no athletes at Penn State in any sport have actually been diagnosed with myocarditis. 

Classic.  And folks say the skeptical ones are the idiots...

• Like 5

10 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

So in all seriousness.  Does everyone realize the absolute bull crap that is being poured over people??

Which bullcrap are you referring to  - the Penn State Dr statement or the correction? 

Rhetorical question there. My point is now you know the facts so where is the bullcrap? I like your skeptical post above much better than this one quoted here.

I too am skeptical. I prefer to say questioning. Call me a pollyanna if you want, but I believe the truth prevails. If people want to jump on every headline and use that as fuel for a viewpoint, have at it if that makes you feel better to reinforce your view. I look beyond headlines and dig for details on stories. By waiting for more details, I feel I am shaping informed views/opinions for myself and don't get antagonized, I guess the word today might be triggered, by people pushing agendas. There is a lot of agenda pushing happening today on both sides of issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Which bullcrap are you referring to  - the Penn State Dr statement or the correction? 

Rhetorical question there. My point is now you know the facts so where is the bullcrap? I like your skeptical post above much better than this one quoted here.

I too am skeptical. I prefer to say questioning. Call me a pollyanna if you want, but I believe the truth prevails. If people want to jump on every headline and use that as fuel for a viewpoint, have at it if that makes you feel better to reinforce your view. I look beyond headlines and dig for details on stories. By waiting for more details, I feel I am shaping informed views/opinions for myself and don't get antagonized, I guess the word today might be triggered, by people pushing agendas. There is a lot of agenda pushing happening today on both sides of issues.

Obviously Penn State Dr.  That's not a mistake, that's a blatant lie.  And if we keep up with the narrative, that was the reason initially given when they said Big 10 was canceling.   Fast forward to where the Big 10 is in a law suit and scared about having to release documents.  It's all crap, piles and piles of crap.  Never seen anything like it.  

• Like 2

Class action lawyer with >$250M in verdicts/settlements just shared his perspective with me: “Cancelling football is prima facie evidence that schools must have known it was unsafe for students to return to campus under far less controlled conditions.” Just passing this along.

From lawyer Tom Mars who’s working with Nebraska.

21 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Class action lawyer with >$250M in verdicts/settlements just shared his perspective with me: “Cancelling football is prima facie evidence that schools must have known it was unsafe for students to return to campus under far less controlled conditions.” Just passing this along.

From lawyer Tom Mars who’s working with Nebraska.

There is nothing that is a bigger drain on the American economy than lawyers. The value they may add here and there comes no where close to balancing out against the massive costs they create in society.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

There is nothing that is a bigger drain on the American economy than lawyers. The value they may add here and there comes no where close to balancing out against the massive costs they create in society.

I feel like there’s a lawyer and realtor on every corner.  This is compelling info though, the B1G is in a very precarious spot, with their lack of transparency.