Big 10 Cancels Football Season

Jumper_Dad

Sources: The Big Ten is coming back and will begin the weekend of Oct. 24. It'll include daily, rapid testing as a fixture of the plan. A statement from the league is imminent.

8 games in 8 weeks leaves no margin for error, or flexibility.  Guess we have to take what we can get but we’ll see if this works.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, John Anthony said:

I think that’s the best part of the committee and their proverbial “eye-test.”  If we even get to play 8 games, OSU will need to win by a +35 to +40 margin to show they’re one of the top 4 teams pound for pound.  OSU will have to go for 70 a game with no remorse and from what I’m hearing, they will.

Obviously the goal is to make the playoff and win the natty, but right now I’m so looking forward to Kevin Warren handing the Big 10 trophy to Ohio State. If only fans could be in attendance for that. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Sources: The Big Ten is coming back and will begin the weekend of Oct. 24. It'll include daily, rapid testing as a fixture of the plan. A statement from the league is imminent.

8 games in 8 weeks leaves no margin for error, or flexibility.  Guess we have to take what we can get but we’ll see if this works.

The Big 10 showed absolutely zero urgency to this whole thing. 9 games in 9 weeks for 2 teams is irresponsible. The best solution all along was the original 10 game schedule they released, but oh well. I’ll take it. We get to see our boys play ball this fall. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

The Big 10 showed absolutely zero urgency to this whole thing. 9 games in 9 weeks for 2 teams is irresponsible. The best solution all along was the original 10 game schedule they released, but oh well. I’ll take it. We get to see our boys play ball this fall. 

Spot on my man, I think we get Shaun Wade back.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Davis I’m asking on, he’s looked into agents.  Both are captains, Wade I’m 75% on, Davis 40% on.

Wade probably needs a season as the number 1 guy to secure a first round pick. Davis is already there so without any other info I would say those numbers are accurate. 

14 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

A positive test = 21 day sit out period.  5% total team positivity = program shutdown. No bye weeks.  We have to hope for against all odds I guess?

This is where where leadership is going to have to shine through. We have leaders on this team that this is there last chance. This is everything to them, and they’ve been given a second chance on this season. I have faith in this group to keep everyone focused solely on their goal. But this is precisely why I mentioned earlier how the original Big 10 schedule was the best and safest solution for everyone involved. 

1 hour ago, John Anthony said:

A positive test = 21 day sit out period.  5% total team positivity = program shutdown. No bye weeks.  We have to hope for against all odds I guess?

I don't fully understand the positive test equalling 21 days off.  Furthermore, will they allow for a follow up test immediately?  Or can a false positive test result in a player missing 21 days?

52 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

Looks like there will be some games being played in cold and nasty weather if the season goes into mid-December.    I think Minnesota has a dome.   Anyone else?

The way Big 10 football was meant to be played. 

• Like 1