University of Cincinnati elimates the men’s soccer program.

16thBBall Fan

For some reason, I doubt this was due to the pandemic. The men's program just hasn't been very competitive over the years. Their long time coach resigned. The pandemic was just an easy out for them, just like US Soccer using it as an out for their development academy.

For some reason, I doubt this was due to the pandemic. The men's program just hasn't been very competitive over the years. Their long time coach resigned. The pandemic was just an easy out for them, just like US Soccer using it as an out for their development academy.

This.

Why and when did the long time coach resign?

Supposedly the program lost nearly $800k last season. Also heard that with the school looking to move conferences soon, the soccer team would be even less competitive. In comparison UC baseball lost over $1mil last year. Would like to see how the programs performed. Going to guess that football and basketball are the only programs that made money. Probably like that with most Power 5 schools.

Make it a club sport and have fun with it.

I’ve always thought this was a good idea for programs that aren’t able to support themselves.

Play other local teams, travel by bus instead of plane...

It’s just ridiculous to me that the cost of tuition is ruining people’s lives before they are able to finish school and we’re flying the University of Kentucky baseball, softball, women’s basketball, volleyball and so on across the country on a weekly basis...

I’ve not researched the financials of the programs above, I assume none of them are profitable.