Rick Pitino hired...

Jumper_Dad

Iona is in New Rochelle NY, the city currently surrounded by the National Guard due to a severe outbreak of Coronavirus. Rick might be the only one they could talk into coming to New Rochelle...:lol2:

Maybe the Guard is there to keep Rick out of town.

In light of no penalties for the other college coach cheaters, did Pitino get a raw deal?

Probably. Which quite honestly he probably keeps his job like the other coaches did. However, since he had the other scandals that happened under his watch too. It pretty much put the school in a situation where they had to make a change.

I’m glad to see him back in college. He will be successful there too. So it will be interesting if he stays and truly makes this his last job, or if he makes a move to a bigger job if someone comes calling.

Probably. Which quite honestly he probably keeps his job like the other coaches did. However, since he had the other scandals that happened under his watch too. It pretty much put the school in a situation where they had to make a change.

I’m glad to see him back in college. He will be successful there too. So it will be interesting if he stays and truly makes this his last job, or if he makes a move to a bigger job if someone comes calling.

I agree...it was the multiple scandals on his watch that did him in.

Great hire for Iona, hopefully his next stop will be in Lexington.

Don't see that happening. He'll be pretty old and the BBN is like a spurned lover....turn your back on them and there's he// to pay.... FOREVER lol.

I am happy for Pitino. I am glad he gets a chance to end his career differently than how it has ended to this point. In three years, he will be 70. Would a major college program hire him at that age? I think yes. I have zero doubts that he will have success at Iona and position himself to move to a higher level.