Newport Central Catholic - 2020 Schedule

4 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

It looks like Campbell County has scheduled with Pikeville instead of New Cath. Interesting move by the Camels.

New Cath is now looking for an opponent on October 2.

UPDATED:

Sep 12 vs. Walton-Verona
Sep 18 at Covington Holy Cross
Sep 25 vs. Newport
Oct 2 - OPEN
Oct 9 at Ludlow (District)
Oct 16 at Dayton (District)
Oct 23 vs. Bellevue (District)
Oct 30 vs. Beechwood
Nov 6 vs. Holmes

No hard feelings there I am sure. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2020 at 9:42 AM, JoeTuck33 said:

NewCath will return 3 starters on offense a couple other who played a role.

Defense will return 4 starters and the same one or two more who played in certain packages last season.

Lost a large senior class of 15-16 players. Cupboard isn’t empty but lack of depth may show a bit more.

Any word on the starting QB for the Breds? They have senior Malaki Herndon returning, but junior Dom Morgan saw more snaps last year behind Kremer. They have their #1 and #2 running backs returning in Jahmir Ackerson and Joey Runyon, but they graduated their 4 top receivers from last season.

The defense lost their 4 top tacklers, but return the next 4 in overall tallied tackles.

In looking at the schedule with the exception of Beechwood, is there really even a competitive game even without a true QB?

Dom Morgan did get more snaps in mop up time last year on varsity but on the JV not even sure from the 2 JV games I attended he got more snaps at that level than the other QB they had.  I know there are some transfer issues with a QB that if eligible will solve all this mess asap but I am not privy as to what is going on so I can't guess at the QB spot.   But I go back to my original question as to is there even a need for a high quality QB with that regular season schedule.  Granted it will bite them in the playoffs but that will give them time to develop whomever it is.

On 8/1/2020 at 11:45 AM, Voice of Reason said:

I know we are in strange times, but that is the least challenging schedule NCC has put together in many years. Only one school above 2A level on the schedule. Probably in part or more because of what @JoeTuck33 posted above.

On 8/25/2020 at 7:06 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

It looks like Campbell County has scheduled with Pikeville instead of New Cath. Interesting move by the Camels.

New Cath is now looking for an opponent on October 2.

UPDATED:

Sep 12 vs. Walton-Verona
Sep 18 at Covington Holy Cross
Sep 25 vs. Newport
Oct 2 - OPEN
Oct 9 at Ludlow (District)
Oct 16 at Dayton (District)
Oct 23 vs. Bellevue (District)
Oct 30 vs. Beechwood
Nov 6 vs. Holmes

And there goes the one game on the schedule with a school bigger than 2A. When was the last time NCC had a schedule with only 1A and 2A schools?

1 hour ago, Doubledee said:

Guys the original schedule had Campbell County, Cooper and Roger Bacon on it. The schedule now is a result of Covid cancellations not ducking big schools.

Cooper chose to play Ryle and Dixie instead of NCC. Makes sense.

Roger Bacon off the schedule - I get that with crossing the river in a virus world.

Also, I will correct my earlier post. Holmes is a 4A school so there is a school on the schedule above 2A.

Why did Campbell County drop NCC for Pikeville?

18 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Cooper chose to play Ryle and Dixie instead of NCC. Makes sense.

Roger Bacon off the schedule - I get that with crossing the river in a virus world.

Also, I will correct my earlier post. Holmes is a 4A school so there is a school on the schedule above 2A.

Why did Campbell County drop NCC for Pikeville?

The CC and Cooper games were scheduled before Sept 11th and those games were cancelled as were all games on those dates. NCC already had Beechwood scheduled end of the season so guess Cooper wanted to play Ryle or Dixie as a postseason warm up instead of NCC so NCC added Holmes. Why did CC not want to play NCC on Oct 2nd? No clue. Or Did NCC drop CC to have a bye? No clue. Hopefully the schedules get back to normal next fall.

• Like 1