Newport Central Catholic - 2020 Schedule

From another thread:

They also dropped the football scrimmage, which benefits ALS research and NCC grad Brian Eviston’s fight.

Weak.

https://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-boys-basketball/did-newcath-kick-388151-page2.html#post6799092

Never thought I’d take on the Guru himself. Fingers crossed!

Here are my thoughts. Weak? No. Right move for kids. Find an opponent On your level you can build your teams success. Experiencing a beatdown before the season starts would be demoralizing and hard to overcome.

Now, let’s make lemons into lemonade....

Both schools should carry on the cause, just against different opponents. CCH still has ties because coach’s brother, NCC because he is alum. Double down the love. Heck, see if other schools want to join in.

Just my thoughts, but I see all sides. Unfortunately the level of dominance catches up, and with NCC struggles, not a good idea.

Never thought I’d take on the Guru himself. Fingers crossed!

Here are my thoughts. Weak? No. Right move for kids. Find an opponent On your level you can build your teams success. Experiencing a beatdown before the season starts would be demoralizing and hard to overcome.

Now, let’s make lemons into lemonade....

Both schools should carry on the cause, just against different opponents. CCH still has ties because coach’s brother, NCC because he is alum. Double down the love. Heck, see if other schools want to join in.

Just my thoughts, but I see all sides. Unfortunately the level of dominance catches up, and with NCC struggles, not a good idea.

LS, I usually enjoy it when someone steps to the plate to challenge me (within the Terms of Service of course) but in this case you "called out" @Samcro :thumb:

NewCath will return 3 starters on offense a couple other who played a role.

Defense will return 4 starters and the same one or two more who played in certain packages last season.

Lost a large senior class of 15-16 players. Cupboard isn’t empty but lack of depth may show a bit more.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/1/2020 at 11:24 AM, theguru said:

Newport Central Catholic just released an updated schedule. 

ncc.jpg

It looks like Campbell County has scheduled with Pikeville instead of New Cath. Interesting move by the Camels.

New Cath is now looking for an opponent on October 2.

UPDATED:

Sep 12 vs. Walton-Verona
Sep 18 at Covington Holy Cross
Sep 25 vs. Newport
Oct 2 - OPEN
Oct 9 at Ludlow (District)
Oct 16 at Dayton (District)
Oct 23 vs. Bellevue (District)
Oct 30 vs. Beechwood
Nov 6 vs. Holmes