Holmes vs. Beechwood (35th District) Predictions/Updates

Someone tell me this game isn't going to be close? The Bulldogs have been playing well despite their 3 game losing streak. This team played Simon Kenton, St. Henry and Connor this past week and lost by only 21 pts collectively. Holmes could cause havoc on the Tigers. If Tez is hot, look out.

The Tigers need to play a solid game...and solid defense. Everyone of their players needs to contribute and minimize mistakes....turnovers.

If I were coaching Holmes, I would have them press...press..press..the entire game...let the chips fall. If I were coaching Beechwood, I would have them press..press..press..the entire game. Mistakes will be the difference in this game.for either side. Whoever makes the less mistakes wins...(turnovers will be the difference).

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, for the Tigers to win, here are a couple of keys.

Defensive rebounding is the Tigers #1 need. If they can keep second chance points to a minimum for the Bulldogs, I think Beechwood’s chances go way up.

The Tigers have to do a good enough job guarding on the ball. If the Dogs take the rock to the rack, it could cause issues for the Tigers.

Make the Dogs play D; motion offense, screens, and dribble drives will be crucial. Especially, if the Tigers are shooting average or below average from the arc. I think the Dogs can get a little lazy on D.

Finally, we all know that at some point in the game, Holmes is going to implode and start arguing and infighting with team mates. If the Tigers can remain composed if/when the Dogs make a run, I think they have the experience and talent to beat an athletic Holmes squad.

This could be a good game, but I predict Tigers by 13.

Finally, we all know that at some point in the game, Holmes is going to implode and start arguing and infighting with team mates. If the Tigers can remain composed if/when the Dogs make a run, I think they have the experience and talent to beat an athletic Holmes squad.

This could be a good game, but I predict Tigers by 13.

Um no we don’t know that at all, and quite honestly that is just a very poor take by you. I know that is something teams hope for, but let’s not act like that is something that always happens.

Holmes win this game by 6.

Will Mitchell Rylee be available for this game?

You just asked the biggest question no one is addressing here.

Without Rylee playing, should be a very interesting matchup and I say Holmes has a great shot at upset IF they can keep composure. Last trip to Ft Mitchell they did not. With Rylee playing, even just coming back, I give edge to BW. Kid is very talented and just changes the game in the paint.

Good luck to both. This district is just brutal.

You just asked the biggest question no one is addressing here.

Without Rylee playing, should be a very interesting matchup and I say Holmes has a great shot at upset IF they can keep composure. Last trip to Ft Mitchell they did not. With Rylee playing, even just coming back, I give edge to BW. Kid is very talented and just changes the game in the paint.

Good luck to both. This district is just brutal.

It's only brutal if you're playing for second place, the championship game will be very one sided.

5-oh, how many times have you seen Holmes and with what type of frequency have you observed these breakdowns?

It's only brutal if you're playing for second place, the championship game will be very one sided.

Don’t even know how to respond to this Comment. So I guess we just award CovCath as the greatest every year and cancel the 35th? Everyone else doesn’t matter? Guess Holy Cross didn’t get that memo tonight, which is why ALL these games are played. Wow. Give credit to ALL these teams in this district, even the ones “playing for 2nd”. LOL. Great district.

Don’t even know how to respond to this Comment. So I guess we just award CovCath as the greatest every year and cancel the 35th? Everyone else doesn’t matter? Guess Holy Cross didn’t get that memo tonight, which is why ALL these games are played. Wow. Give credit to ALL these teams in this district, even the ones “playing for 2nd”. LOL. Great district.

They should have paid attention to it. LOL

They should have paid attention to it. LOL

Another incredibly weak take. The act is getting incredibly old. Have some class and tip your hat to Holy Cross and be thankful you weren't playing a good team tonight.

Everyone, EVERYONE, is vulnerable in the postseason, just ask Bourbon County, Louisville Collegiate, and Henry Clay.

Oh, wait, I forgot...that school in Park Hills is untouchable.