Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Auburn 75 Kentucky 66

Featured Replies

Would Pearl be the top candidate if Cal retired?

 

He should be.

 

Not sure why you’re posting in this thread, Ohio State won today, figured you’d be busy hitching up to that bandwagon?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He should be.

 

Not sure why you’re posting in this thread, Ohio State won today, figured you’d be busy hitching up to that bandwagon?

 

LSU won today also so I’m sure you’re torn on who to pull for.

I really think that 24 or 25 of Kentucky’s 29 fouls were legit just standing a step slow. It just looked like Auburn wanted it more and played harder than the Cats did today. I really think Kentucky is better but just got out played and out toughed today.

 

I think that's a pretty good summary of the way I saw it. It wasn't that UK didn't try. They just weren't tough enough and they didn't fight hard enough.

I feel like I may have been blocked by J.A.

 

Let me make my stance clear...

 

Anyone who is an OU football / a UK basketball fan is 100 percent garbage.

 

Pick a dynasty to pull for, you can’t have both...

 

Are you having this conversation with yourself? You keep quoting your own posts.

Are you having this conversation with yourself? You keep quoting your own posts.

 

Lol

 

Kind of

Would Pearl be the top candidate if Cal retired?

 

I’m a big Pearl fan and have said a few times I would love him here when Cal is done. I have argued with others such as oldrambler about it a lot on here lol. He is a very good coach!

 

What did Pearl do today? I missed it.

What did Pearl do today? I missed it.

 

At the end of the day he won, that’s what he did. Got his team to play defense that forced Hagans into turnovers, took one of the hottest players in the country in Richards and limited him most of the game. Did a good job switching defenses, and then pressuring UK even more once Hagans was out. Had his team attacking all game long that led to many foul shots. Has helped turn a football school, into a school that is excited about basketball and created a very fun environment.

 

Which I’m sure what you are getting at is how his team took a long time to figure out how to attack the zone. Which is very true, but doesn’t change the fact that he would be one of the main guys I would want when Cal one day retires.

At the end of the day he won, that’s what he did. Got his team to play defense that forced Hagans into turnovers, took one of the hottest players in the country in Richards and limited him most of the game. Did a good job switching defenses, and then pressuring UK even more once Hagans was out. Had his team attacking all game long that led to many foul shots. Has helped turn a football school, into a school that is excited about basketball and created a very fun environment.

 

Which I’m sure what you are getting at is how his team took a long time to figure out how to attack the zone. Which is very true, but doesn’t change the fact that he would be one of the main guys I would want when Cal one day retires.

 

I could counter most of those comments but not willing to engage in one of your War and Peace debates at this hour. The main thing I saw was more mature, experienced athletes using that to their advantage. I think UK's guys learned more today and will be ready the next time they play.

 

And I would be ok with Pearl at UK. Not my first pick but he gets players.

I could counter most of those comments but not willing to engage in one of your War and Peace debates at this hour. The main thing I saw was more mature, experienced athletes using that to their advantage. I think UK's guys learned more today and will be ready the next time they play.

 

And I would be ok with Pearl at UK. Not my first pick but he gets players.

 

So what exactly was your point in all this then? You had an issue with me saying I would want him as the coach at UK after Cal? It’s not like that is the first time I have said that. So I’m still wondering why exactly you quoted me and then asked what did he do in this game, as if to say he wouldn’t be good?

 

He is a good coach. Is he perfect nope, just like coach Cal isn’t perfect. Would he be a good fit at UK probably, yes! Would UK fans still complain, yes. Unless UK wins the title every year UK fans will complain.

At the end of the day he won, that’s what he did. Got his team to play defense that forced Hagans into turnovers, took one of the hottest players in the country in Richards and limited him most of the game. Did a good job switching defenses, and then pressuring UK even more once Hagans was out. Had his team attacking all game long that led to many foul shots. Has helped turn a football school, into a school that is excited about basketball and created a very fun environment.

 

Which I’m sure what you are getting at is how his team took a long time to figure out how to attack the zone. Which is very true, but doesn’t change the fact that he would be one of the main guys I would want when Cal one day retires.

 

Isn't Pearl only one year younger than Cal? If you want him to be Cal's successor then Cal would need to retire soon.

So what exactly was your point in all this then? You had an issue with me saying I would want him as the coach at UK after Cal? It’s not like that is the first time I have said that. So I’m still wondering why exactly you quoted me and then asked what did he do in this game, as if to say he wouldn’t be good?

 

He is a good coach. Is he perfect nope, just like coach Cal isn’t perfect. Would he be a good fit at UK probably, yes! Would UK fans still complain, yes. Unless UK wins the title every year UK fans will complain.

 

No I did not have an issue with you saying you want Pearl to follow Cal.

Definitely some questionable touch fouls, but that happens on the road sometimes. I have no problem with their effort at all. Auburn playing at home made the plays that needed to be made to win the game. No more, no less.

I don’t have a problem with most of the fouls called on UK because they were beat off the dribble and a second behind many plays but I do have a problem with all the fouls that should have been called on Auburn that went uncalled because the officials got caught up in all the white-out shirt frenzy and loud noise in the small arena. It dictated how they allowed Auburn to play. But I also understand that was a road game and sometimes that’s what you get.

Auburn is deficient in many areas, but Pearl is doing a great job in getting his team to play a style that suits them and forces opponents to play their style.

He should be.

 

Not sure why you’re posting in this thread, Ohio State won today, figured you’d be busy hitching up to that bandwagon?

 

You talking to me, or yourself again?

I could counter most of those comments but not willing to engage in one of your War and Peace debates at this hour. The main thing I saw was more mature, experienced athletes using that to their advantage. I think UK's guys learned more today and will be ready the next time they play.

 

And I would be ok with Pearl at UK. Not my first pick but he gets players.

 

Didn’t he beat UK in the elite 8 last year, without his best player as well? I’m with Futurecoach, he would be a fine fit at UK.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.