Covington Catholic 65 Highlands 39

No doubt they each had good moments. But one scored 25 while the other scored 7. I would say the good moments were skewed pretty heavily in this game. But if your unbiased lens saw it as an even match up, so be it.

Are we talking about best game or best player on the court?

Disken put up better numbers in the game obviously. I would also say Vinson did not handle the CCH double teams very well but had some very nice plays on offense, defense and rebounds.

If I am NKU's coach watching and having to pick one or the other, I lean towards Vinson.

Edited by Voice of Reason

At the mark of this play, you can even see the referee put his hands up when Ahlfeld gets bumped away as if to say, "That's a flop, nothing to see here."

Could the situation have been avoided had Chandler just walked away and not done anything? Certainly, and it sounded like the broadcast clarified that pretty well. But from the actual contact, a small shoulder-bump from Starks wouldn't have warranted that reaction from Hunter, who's a very strong football player himself.

It was the first bump, not the second. How old is Starks?

Are we talking about best game or best player on the court?

Disken put up better numbers in the game obviously. I would also say Vinson did not handle the CCH double teams very well but had some very nice plays on offense, defense and rebounds.

If I am NKU's coach watching and having to pick one or the other, I lean towards Vinson.

In the Covington Catholic 65 Highlands 39 game thread, I'm talking about this game obviously.

Listerman's quotes are factual, call them what you want.

Factual? Cov Cath really has the best athletes from both sides of the river? In hoops? Really? Are you serious?

They’re what, 2-2 against Cincinnati competition?

Factual? When was the “best athlete” basketball combine for KY-OH this year? That comment by Listerman was an exaggeration to make a point. They have athletes from both sides of the river. The best? Come on.

You call em what you want.

I like the comment. It takes guts. Kind of ironic coming from a Highlands person though. I remember when people would accuse them of elitism.

The quote is ironic as Highlands has had great basketball players from Ludlow to Crestview Hills suiting up for them in the past.

The quote is ironic as Highlands has had great basketball players from Ludlow to Crestview Hills suiting up for them in the past.

They also had great players suiting up for them that grew up in Fort Thomas.

I am asking an honest question because I have not been able to stay up on things much this year. Could someone tell me what grade school the five starters for CovCath came from? Curious minds want to know.

Would also like to know how old Starks is?

I believe that the seeds have been planted for a great CCH/Highlands rivalry. I felt that way the minute Listerman was hired.

I have asked this before, but never got a serious answer. So when do the ‘locals’ say enough is enough and the bus from Ohio stops running to Park Hills?

I know it was always an issue at Highlands for those families who had their kids grow up there only to see them moved out of way for an out of district kid.

I have asked this before, but never got a serious answer. So when do the ‘locals’ say enough is enough and the bus from Ohio stops running to Park Hills?

I know it was always an issue at Highlands for those families who had their kids grow up there only to see them moved out of way for an out of district kid.

Fair question. There has certainly been some water cooler talk. This year mostly. As you can imagine, it’s especially prevelant amongst parents of good basketball players from the traditional feeder schools.

Starting 5 - as best I know:

Disken - Blessed Sacrament

Sommerkamp - St. Pius

Green - St. Agnes

Stocks - Cincinnati (IHM?)

Starks - Cincinnati

Starks is a Freshman, but I have no idea how old he is.

Fair question. There has certainly been some water cooler talk. This year mostly. As you can imagine, it’s especially prevelant amongst parents of good basketball players from the traditional feeder schools.

Starting 5 - as best I know:

Disken - Blessed Sacrament

Sommerkamp - St. Pius

Green - St. Agnes

Stocks - Cincinnati (IHM?)

Starks - Cincinnati

Starks is a Freshman, but I have no idea how old he is.

Thanks for info. I always thought they used to say which parish they were from but yesterday I did not hear that.