Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County Star and ND signee arrested

Featured Replies

Not sure on Boyle / Mercer, but most school systemes have reciprocal agreements for state funding and there are no fees or tuitions.

 

Couldn’t tell you. I just know when they transferred him to Boyle County and it has never been a secret that they continued to live in Harrodsburg. The Bartleson family is very well known in that area.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing was planned.

 

I'm not trying to be flippant because this is an awful situation, and a real shame that this young man has lost out on an unbelievable opportunity in college, but how on Earth would you know what these 3 young men had planned after stealing a Lexus and an arsenal?

Anyone hear how they caught them so quickly?

 

No clue on that one.

I'm not trying to be flippant because this is an awful situation, and a real shame that this young man has lost out on an unbelievable opportunity in college, but how on Earth would you know what these 3 young men had planned after stealing a Lexus and an arsenal?

 

Because I know they have access to guns without having to steal them.

What's even more troubling is why was he stealing guns and a car? Was there something else planned, something even worse.

 

Did they steal the car? It says they were involved with a car that was stolen from the Centre College campus. They weren't charged with stealing a car but with receiving stolen property over $10,000. Maybe they stole the guns and traded them for the car that was already stolen?

Because I know they have access to guns without having to steal them.

 

If that's true, then why steal these and a car?

This doesn't seem like spur of the moment or crime of opportunity. My feeling if you steal guns like that, you either are going to use them or quickly trade them for something else, money.

If this becomes a Federal or ATF case, they are looking at time in a Federal facility with nearly no chance of early release.

I think he sat out his 2nd 8th grade year because he repeated the 8th grade when he went from Mercer to Boyle. That is the conference/khsaa rule.

 

Those were the rules. He transferred and was unable to play any middle school sports his 8th grade year. I believe it was a Salt River Conference rule. I could be mistaken but I think KHSAA took over middle school sports and schools started following KHSAA rules regarding transfers.

Maybe possessing the stolen car was the receiving stolen property.

Did they steal the car? It says they were involved with a car that was stolen from the Centre College campus. They weren't charged with stealing a car but with receiving stolen property over $10,000. Maybe they stole the guns and traded them for the car that was already stolen?

 

If you are caught with a stolen car that's what you are charged with because they may not yet know who stole it. Even if they know they stole it, they would usually be charged with receiving stolen property. Grand Jury will decide on theft charges.

If that's true, then why steal these and a car?

This doesn't seem like spur of the moment or crime of opportunity. My feeling if you steal guns like that, you either are going to use them or quickly trade them for something else, money.

If this becomes a Federal or ATF case, they are looking at time in a Federal facility with nearly no chance of early release.

 

Even if I knew the complete and total truth I wouldn’t mention it here. Last thing I am going to do is pass on what people are telling me. The only thing I am trying to make clear is that it doesn’t appear to be a case where they had plans to harm anyone with the weapons.

 

And truthfully as of now they have been charged and arrested. They’re all innocent until proven guilty.

Even if I knew the complete and total truth I wouldn’t mention it here. Last thing I am going to do is pass on what people are telling me. The only thing I am trying to make clear is that it doesn’t appear to be a case where they had plans to harm anyone with the weapons.

 

And truthfully as of now they have been charged and arrested. They’re all innocent until proven guilty.

 

I agree, it's all just speculation and trying to make sense of a crime, that if true, makes no sense.

I agree, it's all just speculation and trying to make sense of a crime, that if true, makes no sense.

 

It will never make sense to any of us who know the Bartleson family.

Because I know they have access to guns without having to steal them.

 

I can tell you obviously have a relationship with them. But take a step back, if anyone is planning to do something criminal involving guns, it's best NOT to use the guns that people obviously know they have access to.

Those were the rules. He transferred and was unable to play any middle school sports his 8th grade year. I believe it was a Salt River Conference rule. I could be mistaken but I think KHSAA took over middle school sports and schools started following KHSAA rules regarding transfers.

 

There is no transfer rule for MS.

I can tell you obviously have a relationship with them. But take a step back, if anyone is planning to do something criminal involving guns, it's best NOT to use the guns that people obviously know they have access to.

 

Either way, folks need to lose the narrative that they were going to harm people with the guns. Pulling theories out of the clouds with hopes that they stick just to be able to say, “I knew it” isn’t the move either.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.