Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Northern Kentucky Head Coaching Records

Featured Replies

I remember those lean years of the 90s.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Builder1214
    Builder1214

    Northern Kentucky School's Football Winning % by Decade since 1990.

Posted Images

Did Coach Yeagle not actually coach games during his stint at Lloyd?

 

Not as far as I know of, but I could be mistaken.

 

 

Actually I’m pretty sure he coached one or two games at Lloyd with one of them being against Beechwood before he stepped down. Even the thread that is about him stepping down was in September 14th. Meaning there would have been a couple of games already played before he stepped away.

I know most don't see it but for a start up program Walton-Verona and Jeff Barth get very little accolades. The facilities they have our the best in Boone County but I think they are usually an after thought due to their size and schedule.

Actually I’m pretty sure he coached one or two games at Lloyd with one of them being against Beechwood before he stepped down. Even the thread that is about him stepping down was in September 14th. Meaning there would have been a couple of games already played before he stepped away.

 

He was on the sideline for one game, Beechwood, per this 2007 post.

 

 

Yeagle, in his first year with Lloyd (1-4), missed the first game of the season due to dehydration. He's been on the sidelines for just one game this year, a 20-0 loss in Week 2 at Beechwood.

Carl Fitzer at Simon Kenton???

Not as far as I know of, but I could be mistaken.

 

He coached one game at Lloyd. Ironically it was against Beechwood.

Woody McMillen at Walton and Bellevue?

Carl Fitzer at Simon Kenton???

 

That name is a blast from the past.

  • Author
Carl Fitzer at Simon Kenton???

 

That name is a blast from the past.

 

I'm not sure, but I don't believe Fitzer was head coach anywhere else in Kentucky. He coached from '80-'82 and was 6-26 as head coach.

 

Fitzer replaced Bill Gaines who resigned to coach up in the Dayton area at West Carrollton. Gaines was 12-10 as head coach for the '78 & '79 seasons.

 

Gaines took over from Carl Hays, who was the coach from '72-'77 and was 29-37 as head coach. Again, I'm not sure whether or not he spend time anywhere else as head coach.

 

Hays was hired after the 1-year head coaching career of Jerry Abney, who was 1-9 as head coach in 1971.

 

Jim Jenkins was head coach previous to Abney, and started the Simon Kenton football program. Jenkins was and was 19-21-2 in 5 years as head coach from 1966-1970. He also coached the team in 1965 while they competed in freshman and JV football only. He was the head coach at Bellevue for the 5 years previous to taking the Simon Kenton job. I have the results of his '60 & '61 seasons, but I still need his 1962-1964 results to be able to come up with his total wins tally.

  • Author
I'm not sure, but I don't believe Fitzer was head coach anywhere else in Kentucky. He coached from '80-'82 and was 6-26 as head coach.

 

Fitzer replaced Bill Gaines who resigned to coach up in the Dayton area at West Carrollton. Gaines was 12-10 as head coach for the '78 & '79 seasons.

 

Gaines took over from Carl Hays, who was the coach from '72-'77 and was 29-37 as head coach. Again, I'm not sure whether or not he spend time anywhere else as head coach.

 

Hays was hired after the 1-year head coaching career of Jerry Abney, who was 1-9 as head coach in 1971.

 

Jim Jenkins was head coach previous to Abney, and started the Simon Kenton football program. Jenkins was and was 19-21-2 in 5 years as head coach from 1966-1970. He also coached the team in 1965 while they competed in freshman and JV football only. He was the head coach at Bellevue for the 5 years previous to taking the Simon Kenton job. I have the results of his '60 & '61 seasons, but I still need his 1962-1964 results to be able to come up with his total wins tally.

 

Jim Dougherty also coached at Simon Kenton, following up Carl Fitzer. I'm not sure right now which years he was there, or what his record was as head coach. I know he was head coach at Lloyd for a time too...I think he went to SK immediately from Lloyd. He was on staff at Highlands for a good number of years too. Pretty sure his original reason for heading over to Highlands was because of the Kremer family, who were relatives of his and had some solid athletes go through HHS.

  • Author

I'm currently working on Rice Mountjoy's record. He's the namesake of Dixie Heights' football field, and was the coach that started up the Boone County football program. Coached for 33 years at Frankfort, Kavanaugh, Danville, Tilghman, Dixie, and Boone. I have all of his records with the exception of his 3 seasons as head coach at Kavanaugh (1925, 1926, 1927). Aside from Kavanaugh, his record was 187-71-16.

 

In his first year of coaching, he was head coach at Frankfort while he was still in college at Centre and actively competing in sports. He was apparently a track star.

Jim Dougherty also coached at Simon Kenton, following up Carl Fitzer. I'm not sure right now which years he was there, or what his record was as head coach. I know he was head coach at Lloyd for a time too...I think he went to SK immediately from Lloyd. He was on staff at Highlands for a good number of years too. Pretty sure his original reason for heading over to Highlands was because of the Kremer family, who were relatives of his and had some solid athletes go through HHS.

 

Red Dog started his career in Ohio and then moved to Lloyd where he won a state title in 1976. From that gig he moved to Simon Kenton and was there for maybe 5 years. He came to Highlands to be an assistant coach under Jack Eicher, then Tom Duffy and lastly Dale Mueller.

 

He did not come to Highlands for any family relations. Kremer graduated in 1983 after playing on back to back state champ teams in 1981 and 1982.

  • Author

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]Wins[/TD]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD]School(s)[/TD]

[TD]Overall

Record[/TD]

[TD]Seasons[/TD]

[TD]Record

In Title

Games[/TD]

[TD]Winning

%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]345[/TD]

[TD]Schneider, Bob[/TD]

[TD]Newport Catholic

Newport Central Catholic[/TD]

[TD]345-183-2[/TD]

[TD]44[/TD]

[TD]3-6[/TD]

[TD]65.09%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]258[/TD]

[TD]Hauck, Owen[/TD]

[TD]Highlands

Boone County[/TD]

[TD]258-109-1[/TD]

[TD]30[/TD]

[TD]1-6[/TD]

[TD]70.11%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]250[/TD]

[TD]Mueller, Dale[/TD]

[TD]Highlands[/TD]

[TD]250-36[/TD]

[TD]20[/TD]

[TD]11-3[/TD]

[TD]87.41%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]232[/TD]

[TD]Ray, Lynn[/TD]

[TD]Covington Catholic[/TD]

[TD]232-131[/TD]

[TD]30[/TD]

[TD]5-0[/TD]

[TD]63.91%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]213[/TD]

[TD]Duffy, Tom[/TD]

[TD]Danville

Highlands

Henderson County[/TD]

[TD]213-79[/TD]

[TD]24[/TD]

[TD]4-0[/TD]

[TD]72.95%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]207[/TD]

[TD]Ellis, Tom[/TD]

[TD]Bardstown

Holmes[/TD]

[TD]207-98-6[/TD]

[TD]37[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]66.56%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]187[/TD]

[TD]Mountjoy, Rice **[/TD]

[TD]Frankfort

Kavanaugh

Danville

Tilghman

Dixie Heights

Boone County[/TD]

[TD]187-71-16[/TD]

[TD]33[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]68.25%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]171[/TD]

[TD]Yeagle, Mike[/TD]

[TD]Beechwood[/TD]

[TD]171-25[/TD]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]8-2[/TD]

[TD]87.24%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]154[/TD]

[TD]Rash, Noel[/TD]

[TD]Beechwood[/TD]

[TD]154-41[/TD]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]5-1[/TD]

[TD]78.97%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]154[/TD]

[TD]Murphy, Mike[/TD]

[TD]Highlands

Newport[/TD]

[TD]154-67-2[/TD]

[TD]19[/TD]

[TD]2-0[/TD]

[TD]69.06%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]153[/TD]

[TD]Marksberry, Jeff[/TD]

[TD]Simon Kenton[/TD]

[TD]153-87[/TD]

[TD]20[/TD]

[TD]0-1[/TD]

[TD]63.75%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]135[/TD]

[TD]Barre, Bernie[/TD]

[TD]Beechwood[/TD]

[TD]135-54[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]1-0[/TD]

[TD]71.43%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]107[/TD]

[TD]Spritzky, Tom[/TD]

[TD]Dixie Heights[/TD]

[TD]107-86[/TD]

[TD]17[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]55.44%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]93[/TD]

[TD]Eviston, Eddie[/TD]

[TD]Newport Central Catholic

Covington Catholic[/TD]

[TD]93-21[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]4-1[/TD]

[TD]81.58%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]89[/TD]

[TD]Lickert, Steve[/TD]

[TD]Dayton

Holmes

Campbell County

Newport Central Catholic[/TD]

[TD]89-93[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]48.90%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]88[/TD]

[TD]Barth, Jeff[/TD]

[TD]Walton-Verona[/TD]

[TD]88-45[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]66.17%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]86[/TD]

[TD]Burnett, Bob[/TD]

[TD]Dixie Heights

Beechwood[/TD]

[TD]86-64[/TD]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]0-1[/TD]

[TD]57.33%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]81[/TD]

[TD]Herrmann, Bill[/TD]

[TD]Highlands[/TD]

[TD]81-18[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]3-0[/TD]

[TD]81.63%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]75[/TD]

[TD]Borchers, Randy[/TD]

[TD]Ludlow

Cooper[/TD]

[TD]75-86[/TD]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]0-1[/TD]

[TD]46.58%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]75[/TD]

[TD]Kozerski, Bruce[/TD]

[TD]Holy Cross[/TD]

[TD]75-115[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]1-0[/TD]

[TD]39.47%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]74[/TD]

[TD]Warner, Bryson[/TD]

[TD]Ryle

Boone County[/TD]

[TD]74-66[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]0-1[/TD]

[TD]52.86%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]70[/TD]

[TD]Rice, Homer[/TD]

[TD]Highlands[/TD]

[TD]70-11-6[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]2-1[/TD]

[TD]80.46%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]62[/TD]

[TD]Browning, Dave[/TD]

[TD]Dixie Heights

Scott

Dixie Heights[/TD]

[TD]62-70-1[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]46.62%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]53[/TD]

[TD]Turner, Eric[/TD]

[TD]Lloyd Memorial

Scott[/TD]

[TD]53-31[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]63.10%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]52[/TD]

[TD]Brossart, Dave[/TD]

[TD]Covington Catholic

Dixie Heights[/TD]

[TD]52-68[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]0-1[/TD]

[TD]43.33%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]51[/TD]

[TD]Bernier, Fred[/TD]

[TD]Covington Catholic

Bellevue[/TD]

[TD]51-40[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]1-2[/TD]

[TD]56.04%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]49[/TD]

[TD]Wirth, Dave[/TD]

[TD]Covington Catholic[/TD]

[TD]49-27[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]64.47%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]46[/TD]

[TD]Weinrich, Brian[/TD]

[TD]Highlands[/TD]

[TD]46-30[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]1-0[/TD]

[TD]60.53%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]46[/TD]

[TD]Shannon, Bill[/TD]

[TD]Dixie Heights[/TD]

[TD]46-10-2[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]79.31%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]45[/TD]

[TD]Woolley, Dan[/TD]

[TD]Scott[/TD]

[TD]45-35[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]56.25%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]41[/TD]

[TD]Engler, Mike[/TD]

[TD]Ryle[/TD]

[TD]41-29[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]58.57%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]40[/TD]

[TD]Walz, Roger[/TD]

[TD]Beechwood

Highlands[/TD]

[TD]40-18-2[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]1-0[/TD]

[TD]66.67%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]40[/TD]

[TD]Wagner, Dan[/TD]

[TD]Newport Central Catholic[/TD]

[TD]40-29[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]0-3[/TD]

[TD]57.97%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]40[/TD]

[TD]Jenkins, Jim[/TD]

[TD]Bellevue

Simon Kenton[/TD]

[TD]40-50-2[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]43.48%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]35[/TD]

[TD]Hornsby, Rick[/TD]

[TD]Ludlow[/TD]

[TD]35-65[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]35.00%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]28[/TD]

[TD]McNabb, Edgar[/TD]

[TD]Beechwood[/TD]

[TD]28-82-3[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]24.78%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]25[/TD]

[TD]Lanham, Tony[/TD]

[TD]Owensboro Catholic

Covington Catholic

Bryan Station[/TD]

[TD]25-14-2[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]60.98%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]21[/TD]

[TD]Kiefer, Steve[/TD]

[TD]Ludlow

Newport[/TD]

[TD]21-28-3[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]40.38%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]19[/TD]

[TD]Rodenberg, John[/TD]

[TD]Covington Catholic[/TD]

[TD]19-8[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1-0[/TD]

[TD]70.37%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]Waite, Dale[/TD]

[TD]Dixie Heights[/TD]

[TD]15-20-1[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]41.67%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]Wynn, Joe[/TD]

[TD]Newport[/TD]

[TD]14-9[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]60.87%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]Gaines, Bill[/TD]

[TD]Simon Kenton[/TD]

[TD]12-10[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]54.55%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]Rasso, Steve[/TD]

[TD]Covington Catholic[/TD]

[TD]5-4-1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]50.00%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Herbst, Jesse[/TD]

[TD]Dayton[/TD]

[TD]4-7[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]36.36%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Abney, Jerry[/TD]

[TD]Simon Kenton[/TD]

[TD]1-9[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0-0[/TD]

[TD]10.00%[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

 

Active As A Head Coach In Kentucky

** Missing 3 Years Worth Of Coaching Record (1925-1927)

@Colonels_Wear_Blue I believe Red Dog was at SK for four seasons. Mike Leising followed from '87-- 89. Odom took over in 1990.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.