January 19, 20206 yr I was able to catch parts of this one at work and will say this. The Cats beat a very good team on the road. Nice win.
January 19, 20206 yr Anyone who wants EJ gone are the same type of fan who believe they can predict the final 4 this season.... I’d love to have a junior EJ back. Some fans think every 6’10” player recruited is going to be Anthony Davis 2.0... it’s just not realistic... People like to say Cal can only recruit. He does recruit well, but he also coaches players up well. Guys who do stay usually all have become better and end up as draft picks even if they weren’t early in their career. He may not be the best there is, but he is very underrated in his ability to develop players imo.
January 19, 20206 yr This team has had a few missteps but the losses have been one or two possession margins. I think they will be playing their best ball come tourney time.
January 19, 20206 yr Nice win for the Cats. It was nice to see that they didn't fold after Calipari got a double technical and was tossed.
January 19, 20206 yr Anyone who wants EJ gone are the same type of fan who believe they can predict the final 4 this season.... I’d love to have a junior EJ back. Some fans think every 6’10” player recruited is going to be Anthony Davis 2.0... it’s just not realistic... Don't worry he will be back, unless UK doesn't renew his free ride.
January 19, 20206 yr Author People like to say Cal can only recruit. He does recruit well, but he also coaches players up well. Guys who do stay usually all have become better and end up as draft picks even if they weren’t early in their career. He may not be the best there is, but he is very underrated in his ability to develop players imo. You’re right, but the guys he’s coached up have had fight in them, EJ has shown very little of that and most people just don’t understand, that’s something that 99% of the time either you have it or you don’t, VERY, VERY difficult to put that in a kid! I love EJ because he wears the uniform that I’ve loved and supported for 50 years, but if he doesn’t develop the fight necessary to compete at this level, whew, he didn’t play much last year because of that!
January 19, 20206 yr You’re right, but the guys he’s coached up have had fight in them, EJ has shown very little of that and most people just don’t understand, that’s something that 99% of the time either you have it or you don’t, VERY, VERY difficult to put that in a kid! I love EJ because he wears the uniform that I’ve loved and supported for 50 years, but if he doesn’t develop the fight necessary to compete at this level, whew, he didn’t play much last year because of that! Nick didn’t have that fight in him last year either. That’s why he was pulled as soon as he didn’t fight for a rebound, or basically did any little thing wrong. Yet now he is one of our key players. These guys are so talented and use to being the guy. They never had to fight to play or fight to be the best. It does take time to learn how to do that when you never had to before, takes time to learn the physicality he has to use. Plus I will add, even though I defend Cal on here. I do think he struggles with knowing how to use him, much like with Skal.
January 20, 20206 yr One thing for sure is EJ doesn't deserve to start. He just doesn't. Heck, start the 3 guards and Nick with either Nate or Brooks. At least they will hustle and play hard. Big road win by the Cats though.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.