What Are You Reading In 2020?

Randy Parker

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Are you reading the physical books, or electronically?

You didn't ask me but I'm going to answer! I do not like reading books electronically. I much prefer the physical book in hand. In speaking with the folks at our local library, it seems like most of their patrons have the same viewpoint. How does BGP feel about books - physical or electronic?

• Like 1

Obviously, the main quote from that famous speech (and the book itself) is "If you want to change the world, start off by making your bed." However, McRaven covers 10 unique recommendations that all of us can use in our daily lives (taken from his Navy Seal training and experiences). Get a copy of the book (or audio) to get the details, but here is the list:

1. Start your day with a task completed.
2. You can't go it alone.
3. Only the size of your heart matters.
4. Life's not fair - drive on!
5. Failure can make you stronger.
6. You must dare greatly.
7. Stand up to the bullies.
8. Rise up to the occasion.
9. Give people hope.
10. Never, ever quit!

Takeaway - If you do these ten things, then the next generation and generations that follow will live in a far better world than the one we have today.

41nYEMfvoEL._SX352_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

9 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

You didn't ask me but I'm going to answer! I do not like reading books electronically. I much prefer the physical book in hand. In speaking with the folks at our local library, it seems like most of their patrons have the same viewpoint. How does BGP feel about books - physical or electronic?

Physical 

17 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I tried electronic way back in the day and didn’t like it at all.  Physical books for me.  

• Like 2

On 7/20/2020 at 5:43 PM, gchs_uk9 said:

Give me the paper.  I'm okay with shorter, news-type of stories.  But for anything else, I want that tactile touch of the paper.  And this might sound weird, but I feel like there's a smell from turning the pages too.

• Like 2