Covington Catholic - 2020 Schedule

theguru

The defense also returns the #5 tackler from this past season, linebacker Luke Stegman. He will be a senior, as is Ben Dickhaus who is a returning offensive lineman. Ben also saw significant time on the defensive line. Sam France was a linebacker who played in all but one game last season and had 14 tackles. He will be another returning senior, and I believe he also doubles at wide receiver.

Aside from the guys mentioned in your post and in mine thus far, along with kicker Trey Gronotte, all of whom will definitely be leaned on heavily for leadership, I would look to see a lot from:

Matt Henn DL (Senior)

Peter Rice OL/DL (Senior)

Ken Janiszewski OL/DL (Senior)

Charlie Sora DB (Senior)

Jacob Danneman QB/DB (Senior)

Jackson Hodge WR (Senior)

Jadon Stava RB/LB (Junior)

Reid Hummel RB/DB (Junior)

Robbie Sandfoss RB/DB (Junior)

John Lenihan DB (Junior)

Sam Epplen OL/DL (Junior)

Brayden Collins RB/LB (Junior)

Freshman who were moved up to varsity at the end of 2019:

Aiden Jones LB/TE

Max Lawrie OL/DL

Donovan Ambrocio QB

Thomas Schramm OL/DL

Oliver Bend LB

DL will also return JR to be Trevor Wilson. Started two games at DE when Lawrie was injured and played by far the most this season of any Sophomore for CCH while games were still competitive before running clock time. 8 sacks this past season.

Lasalle lost their kicker, I think it’s gonna be a tight matchup.

LaSalle's class of 2021 is loaded and Gi'Bran Payne will be very good. The Lancers have a good chance at winning the GCL South again. If the Colonels can keep it reasonably close on North Bend Road, I will be happy.

Getting Highlands at home after two years helps but you never know. Probably going to be a very good team but the schedule good be any where from 9-1 to 7-3. With out as many elite athletes, any given Friday can mean a loss. Senior QB can cover some holes but unlikely to be as dominating offense.

• 1 month later...

LaSalle has 5 of the projected top 2021 Greater Cincinnati players for next year:

Post-Signing Day, who are Greater Cincinnati's top 21 football prospects of 2021?

17. Jaymar Hargrove-Mundy, cornerback, La Salle

9. Iesa Jarmon, cornerback, La Salle

8. Gi'Bran Payne, running back, La Salle

6. DeVonta Smith, cornerback, La Salle

3. Jaylen Johnson, safety, La Salle

Payne and Smith have UK offers, as did Ohio State commit Johnson.

LaSalle has 5 of the projected top 2021 Greater Cincinnati players for next year:

Post-Signing Day, who are Greater Cincinnati's top 21 football prospects of 2021?

17. Jaymar Hargrove-Mundy, cornerback, La Salle

9. Iesa Jarmon, cornerback, La Salle

8. Gi'Bran Payne, running back, La Salle

6. DeVonta Smith, cornerback, La Salle

3. Jaylen Johnson, safety, La Salle

Payne and Smith have UK offers, as did Ohio State commit Johnson.

With Kerry Combs back in the picture Devonta Smith is getting recruited pretty hard now to by tOSU. Believe the kid is approaching 30 offers, that’s 2 studs in their back end.

They should be really good but lost a lot of talent. It will be interesting to see how big that Mayer void is. I’d say La Salle will be a loss. They probably return enough to make a run at it though.

Cov Cath should be an interesting watch this season. I don't see them having the luxury of blowout after blowout against their NKY opponents this season. Going to be some very good games that should prepare this team for an eventual post season run. They will be battle tested.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 12/30/2019 at 9:21 AM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

The defense also returns the #5 tackler from this past season, linebacker Luke Stegman. He will be a senior, as is Ben Dickhaus who is a returning offensive lineman. Ben also saw significant time on the defensive line. Sam France was a linebacker who played in all but one game last season and had 14 tackles. He will be another returning senior, and I believe he also doubles at wide receiver.

Aside from the guys mentioned in your post and in mine thus far, along with kicker Trey Gronotte, all of whom will definitely be leaned on heavily for leadership, I would look to see a lot from:

Matt Henn DL (Senior)

Peter Rice OL/DL (Senior)

Ken Janiszewski OL/DL (Senior)

Charlie Sora DB (Senior)

Jacob Danneman QB/DB (Senior)

Jackson Hodge WR (Senior)

Jadon Stava RB/LB (Junior)

Reid Hummel RB/DB (Junior)

Robbie Sandfoss RB/DB (Junior)

John Lenihan DB (Junior)

Sam Epplen OL/DL (Junior)

Brayden Collins RB/LB (Junior)